Computer Keeps resettig itself.

vegettoxp

Hey GUys

Hopefully this is the right place to ask this question. I was installing XP Pro on my computer and for some reason it keeps resettig itself. It's an AMD system with MSI Motherboard. When it is doing th Post Hardware Checkup, it's OK. But when XP is starting to boot from the hard drive, it keeps resetting itself. So if anybody had this problem before, please help me out. I have two computers with this same stupid Problem.

THX! :lol:

P.S. Fusion :lol:

What's the story on these two PC's? Are they the same hardware type, new OS installations, barebone kit purchases... ?

I've experienced this situation with a couple of barebone kits (biostar board with an amd xp3000+ cpu). Turns out one had a bad board and the other a bad power supply.

have you edited any of the files, most notably ntoskernel.exe?

what are the complete specs? what kind of power supply is in it? I've seen weak voltage cause spontaneous reboots, especially since booting windows is somewhat hard-drive intensive.

Hey GUys

Hopefully this is the right place to ask this question. I was installing XP Pro on my computer and for some reason it keeps resettig itself. It's an AMD system with MSI Motherboard. When it is doing th Post Hardware Checkup, it's OK. But when XP is starting to boot from the hard drive, it keeps resetting itself. So if anybody had this problem before, please help me out. I have two computers with this same stupid Problem.

THX! :lol:

P.S. Fusion :lol:

Did you disable the automatic reboot option in the control panel?