SATA, PATA, USB, Firewire Expansion card problem?

Ok, first, this is the card:

http://www.siig.com/product.asp?catid=17&pid=477

No, my plan in a few weeks is to RAID0 to 80GB drives as most of you know.

I will set the RAID up with my 2 onboard SATA ports, no prob.

Now, i wanted to still use my current 200gb SATA drive as storage, so i wanted to get RAID card, so i found the one above at a good price, benefitting with the extra USB and firewires.

Came today, fitted it, boote dup, my on board SATA found my drive, no prob, then the new sata drive tried to detect, said no drive found (obviously) then stopped, wouldn't continue to boot.

So wat i did to test, was put my hard drive onto the new SATA port, just to see if it wud boot, and it did, detected the drive and booted (blue screened obviously as the sata drivers were different), so took the PCI card out and went back to n board and it went back into windows fine...

Any ideas why it wont boot en a drives not connected to the new pci sata port?

ALSO, if its down to this:

I set my RAID up, put my old drive on the PCI card, and THEN it will boot to windows with a drive on the pci card, i dont mind.

But i dotn want the PCI card SATA port to be Primary....

Ok, fixed:

For some weird reason, I had to change the boot order, from:

SATA; SCSI

to

SCSI; SATA

strange, as it worked in my bros machine, which has the same mobo, except no sata drive connected....oh well

strange, as it worked in my bros machine, which has the same mobo, except no sata drive connected....oh well
That's because as far as boot orders go it'll skip one option if it doesn't find the device. His system doesn't have a SATA drive connected so it skips directly to the SCSI option. :)