Weird thingie i noticed with these unattended installs...

I noticed something since I've been doing unattended CD's for a while...well the first thing is...it seems like the more I update it the worse it gets. I mean I get the latest RyanVM pack 2.0 I remember and it all went fine, except that it was a little bit slower than the normal sp2 windows. I did not integrate anything else except AVG Free and Sygate Free and the unattended codec pack found here (which installs itself manually). Then I got the january update of RyanVM pack, I took my basic SP2 cd, I upgraded and integratet the same stuffz, but now Sygate keeps crashing on every boot. Well I said sygate must have some issues or sth. Then I tried outpost firewall, I integrated it nicely, it all worked fine. Then I went to windows update and updated my OS the usual way. After reboot Outpost started to crash on every boot, just like sygate. Now it's getting frustrating. What other firewall should I try, and why does it seem to me like the more you update your system the worse and slower it gets. Not faster and more reliable. Now for example I have just the basic firewall installed. Do you guys have any ideas except sygate and outpost which both crash in NTDM.DLL or sth like that...and tell me if this is only happening to me or you have similar problems. I've been doing unattended cd's for a while and I kinda know the drill now. I just don't see why it gets worse and worse...

I was worried that the more I changed things the worse they would become so I started keeping a library of installs, i.e. versions, and I'm keeping a change log each time. That way if something breaks I have a backup plus a list of the changes I've made.

So far this has worked well. Especially since I've been making a lot of changes lately. :)