Mini-Setup Windows Welcome

HJW

Hey,

I searched and googled myself dazed and still didnt find what i am looking for.

After my installation is completed the Windows Welcome Mini Setup runs..

it asks for "enabling automatic updates" and "useraccount names"

but i want it also to ask the owner's name and organization info. Which are stored in winnt.sif i know but want the end-user have the ability to enter his own name and organisation.

my oobeinfo.inf looks like this:

[branding]

OEMLogo = "AIO-logo.png"

OEMName = "All In One Multiboot DVD, V3."

[startupOptions]

Offline = 1 ; Setup skips registration and ISP signup pages

Registration=1

[userinfo]

sFirstName = window.external.UserInfo.get_FirstName();

sLastName = window.external.UserInfo.get_LastName();

sCompanyName = window.external.UserInfo.get_CompanyName();

---

isnt working though anyone a suggestion?

• 6 months later...
To do this you will NEED to run sysprep on the final install and remove the details from the sysprep.inf file so they are required to be typed.

-WinXP SP2

-I´m not ussing sysprep or oobeinfo.inf

-Running unattended isntallation from CD (Winnt.sif)

- OEMSkipWelcome = 1 (Welcome)

I´m looking to fix the same problem.

After windows installation (setup) finishes and boots Windows XP, before the user logon, a welcome screen appers, and then it asks for internet connectivity and forces you to create a user.

Any kind help is welcome.

To do this you will NEED to run sysprep on the final install and remove the details from the sysprep.inf file so they are required to be typed.

-WinXP SP2

-I´m not ussing sysprep or oobeinfo.inf

-Running unattended isntallation from CD (Winnt.sif)

- OEMSkipWelcome = 1 (Welcome)

I´m looking to fix the same problem.

After windows installation (setup) finishes and boots Windows XP, before the user logon, a welcome screen appers, and then it asks for internet connectivity and forces you to create a user.

Any kind help is welcome.

Hi, I found my problem out searching more information over the forums on MSFN site, guy´s it´s a really good site, thanks all of you to share information.

FYI: My problem ...... :blushing: was a little mistake I was trying to run "UnattendedSwitch =Yes", instead "UnattendSwitch =Yes" maybe I was confused with this one "UnattendedInstall = Yes", so be carefully guys running this options!!

SDF

It's good you solved your problem. However, you didn't post your WINNT.SIF, so someone could help.

Good luck.

OK guys, as I told you, right now all it´s working fine and well I agree that maybe my winnt.sif can help some one, (please see attachments)

My Installation:

- HD with 2 NTFS partitions (I have run parttion (and format) tool (partition commander 8) before to start loading the unattended CD)

- The My Documents folders are setted to go on D: (DATA) as C: (SYSTEM) should be only the system partition (you can also traspass Program folders, search on this site)

- The unattended process runs a CMD at the end of windows setup program (exactly on T9)

- The rest .... all are posted before.

Good luck

winnt.sif

Hello guys

My Question is about welcome pages in Windows XP (Welcome Wizard) which appears after i boot the PC for the first time after sealing it (using Sysprep -reseal). I know to customize the welcome pages using oobeinfo.ini file.. at last the wizard ask me to forcefully add the users to the OS Install

Does any one know to skip that page asking for additional users to be added to the Windows XP install?

In my environment all i need is a local admin account. no additional users.

Thanks

Karan