How to enable FlashGet through blocking proxy?

bobbert

I spend alot of time at uiniversity and as such I have plenty of time to waste downloading things... problem is the internet keeps cutting out for some reason and the people in charge aren't particularly worried. So all my downloads cut out somewhere along the line and my time gets wasted... I thought I'd use FlashGet or some other manager to try and get over this problem but if I do use a manager it cant connect at all! I access the internet through a proxy which i rate is blocking FlashGet.

Is there not some way to get around this? I'd really appreciate some help with this!

FlashGet is excellent download manager. I have v1.50 which seems to have been the best.

Tools -> Options -> Proxy

Edit the proxy options to match those displayed in Internet Connection Properties -> Connection.

Do you know what your proxy settings are?

In the Control Panel, under the Internet Options -> Connection, you should be able to see the address and port of the proxy that's being used.

In FlashGet, under Proxy configuration option select Add and choose HTTP GET as the proxy type, then enter the address and port in the appropriate editboxes. Choose OK, then make sure that proxy setting is selected as the HTTP default.

*nod* i've done that but when it authenticates i get:

Wed Feb 22 06:48:37 2006 HTTP/1.1 407 Proxy Authentication Required ( The ISA Server requires authorization to fulfill the request. Access to the Web Proxy service is denied. )

Wed Feb 22 06:48:37 2006 Via:1.1 CS-PROXY

Wed Feb 22 06:48:37 2006 Proxy-Authenticate: NTLM

Wed Feb 22 06:48:37 2006 Proxy-Authenticate: Kerberos

Wed Feb 22 06:48:37 2006 Proxy-Authenticate: Negotiate

Wed Feb 22 06:48:37 2006 Connection: close

Wed Feb 22 06:48:37 2006 Proxy-Connection: close

I've tried to authenticate myself through my username and password but it doesnt help... any suggestions?

! Thanks for the help ! Its alot easier using another program as opposed to struggling to get through with FlashGet! I recommend FDM! It acts very similarly to FlashGet anyway so its not much of a change.... thanks again!