Hard drive problem

scuzzy47

Hello, a few days ago I formatted my drive with windows XP on it, I do this frequently and no errors occured, but when I came in windows, I couldn't find my second hard disk..

After searching and looking everywhere, I have found it in the hardware manager an it's also in computermanagement.

The only problem is that it doesn't have a disk character like C:\ or D:\ and I'm not able to change it...or rename it or format it, just remove the partition...

It has all my personal documents, I have them backed up, but I would rather not format it, anyone here who can help me out?

Hello, a few days ago I formatted my drive with windows XP on it, I do this frequently and no errors occured, but when I came in windows, I couldn't find my second hard disk..

After searching and looking everywhere, I have found it in the hardware manager an it's also in computermanagement.

The only problem is that it doesn't have a disk character like C:\ or D:\ and I'm not able to change it...or rename it or format it, just remove the partition...

It has all my personal documents, I have them backed up, but I would rather not format it, anyone here who can help me out?

Import disk is your friend :)

Every time you remove or import disks to a computer, you must click the Action menu, click Rescan Disks, and then verify that the disk information is correct.

You can move multiple disks from different computers to a computer by installing the disks, opening Disk Management, right-clicking any of the new disks, and then clicking Import Foreign Disks. When importing multiple disks from different computers, always import all of the disks from one computer at a time. For example, if you want to move disks from two computers, import disks from the first computer and then import disks from the second computer.

Edited by visaversa

Thanks, what you suggested didn't work, cause I could only remove the partition and wasn't able to import it, but you pushed me in the right direction. I made the disk dynamic and than was able to give it a disk character, so now i can explore and see all my files again...

Thank you for the quick reply!!!

Grtz...

Thanks, what you suggested didn't work, cause I could only remove the partition and wasn't able to import it, but you pushed me in the right direction. I made the disk dynamic and than was able to give it a disk character, so now i can explore and see all my files again...

Thank you for the quick reply!!!

Grtz...

Je bent welkom....