Firefox 1.5.0.1 and Thunderbird 1.5 AutoIt installers

KingDaveRa

Here's a couple of AutoIt scripts I knocked up for Firefox 1.5.0.1 and Thunderbird 1.5. They both do straight forward installs, no error checking, just a clean install. Fine on a PC with no existing software.

Please note: These are coded for the EN-GB versions, so look for 'Licence' not 'License'. You might have to change those bits for the EN-US version.

Hope somebody finds them useful!

Firefox1501.au3

Thunderbird15.au3

Here's a couple of AutoIt scripts I knocked up for Firefox 1.5.0.1 and Thunderbird 1.5. They both do straight forward installs, no error checking, just a clean install. Fine on a PC with no existing software.

Please note: These are coded for the EN-GB versions, so look for 'Licence' not 'License'. You might have to change those bits for the EN-US version.

Hope somebody finds them useful!

nice contribution but i hate to tell you this but did you realise sof creates silent installers for both plus , it adds plugins , bookmarks, themes, extensions ,,exc,,exc

silent switch -

or beter yet....

decompressing edit config ini setuptype (change from normal to silent...

change desination dir (if you wish)...

and in the file 'browser.xpi' there is a folder \bin\extentions (or something like that) where you can add extentions (as xpi-files) witch will be installed ad first run (with user beining able to delete some of them i think) -

also in your langruage_code. file (mine is NL-NL.xpi you can go to the folder bin/search and add your fave search pluggins too...

// NOTE - im not the one who found out about this method but cant rembeber where i heard about this...

(so credit goes to whoever did this the first time)...

Edited by -I-