Soundblaster Live! problem

pele

I have a soundblaster live platinum soundcard (CT 4670) and did a fresh install of XP Pro. The liveware software will not fully install (cant load plugins). I uninstalled the liveware and went with the drivers off the windows update site. I have a set of Cambridge Soundworks FPS 2000 speakers and the sound works but only from 2 of the 4 speakers. The subwoofer does not work either. I had previously installed XP Pro as an upgrade and used the Liveware with Win2000 drivers and all was good. I have checked everything out as far as connections to the speakers etc.... I tried changing speaker setup in control panel and no luck. Anyone have an idea?

I have requested an email notification with Creative as soon as the drivers are available for the CT4670 soundcards. Right now it looks like they should be available at the end of the month.

yep the liveware wont work, but i dont see why the built in XP drivers dont work with your speakers.

Have u tried going to sound & Audio devices option in control panel and go down to speaker settings, click advanced and change to surround sound.

I used to have same setup and it worked usng the xp driver.

BAH...Tried your suggestion but still no sound from 2 of the 4 speakers. Don't know if this has anything to do with not having liveware installed or not(I dont see why it would be the problem).

Experties...I will try the link you supplied although I think it will be the same result as the drivers on Soundblaster's website for XP drivers. Apparently there is a difference between the soundblaster 5.1 card and mine (CT 4670).

Thank you both. I'll let you know if the Liveware for XP that Experties linked to help or not.

So you have one of the origanel soundblaster Plat. cards. Well a friend has the exzact card and he thought the same thing. The cards were both the same. It was just another name for those pricks at creative to make money. The drivers work on both of them..........Hey I have a question. I have heard from others that the drivers from creative sit didnt work very well. Have you gottan the drivers from windowsupdate site and tried them?

-XPerties

Yeh I updated my sb live drivers from the ms update site ver/5.10 and the sound quality seems a little better then the ones I got from creative site.....go figure??

still looking for the xp liveware which Im keen to get as I miss my little audio hq

[b:6dbfe8f97e]pele[/b:6dbfe8f97e] - huh...thats wierd....Myself and my friend have the soundworks 2500 5.1 speakers and havent had a promblem. Now I did have a promblem back in the early beta versions that I couldnt get my speakers to work. So I got p***ed and got me a santa cruz sound card (which bu the way smokes creative sound) but my friends hasnt had one bit of trouble. Maybe theres something your missing in the control panel...something not enabled. I really dont know. Sorry cant help any further.

-XPerties

Well I guess I spoke a little to soon. It's working but everytime I reboot I have to go into AudioHQ and reset for 4 speakers or all I get is 2 speakers. It wont save the speaker configuration for some reason. Tried speaker reset setup thats included but that doesnt help. Oh well, at least I can get it to work.

Good luck! Hopefully it will work, but I only use 5.1 with my speakers so luckilly I can use the set from Windows Update which are probably more stable than Creative's set.

aMb