How to register .avi with BSPlayer.exe?

Solid as a rock

I have this code:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.avi]
"Application"="BSPlayer.exe"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.avi\OpenWithList]
"a"="wmplayer.exe"
"MRUList"="ba"
"b"="BSPlayer.exe"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.avi\OpenWithProgids]
"avifile"=hex(0):
"BSPlayerFile.AVI"=hex(0):

But when running a fresh windows avi only could be open standard with mediaplayer....

I have tryed to search (because i am very sure i am not the only asking this) at .avi / register .avi / BSplayer register/ register extensions but none of them give me the results i want to know. Also downloaded the regtweaks p3 which is sticked in this thread and readed that whole document (also find some useable tweaks) but dont find any information how to register extensions.

I have tryed a regsnap program but it only give me user-S-1-and go so on code which isnt useable on the next install.

Who can enlighten me :thumbup

I dont use bsplayer, so i dont know its install path. correct that in the reg file accordingly.

The 1st line erases the current .avi setting, the second part sets bsplayer as the default program to open the file, and the 3rd part is the path to the file to use to open the avi.

NOTE: reg files must end with a blank line to be functional.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.avi][HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.avi]

@="bsplayer"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\bsplayer\shell\open\command]

@="\"C:\\Program Files\\bsplayer\\bsplayer.exe\" \"%1\""

shark

I have tryed to search (because i am very sure i am not the only asking this) at .avi / register .avi / BSplayer register/ register extensions but none of them give me the results i want to know. Also downloaded the regtweaks p3 which is sticked in this thread and readed that whole document (also find some useable tweaks) but dont find any information how to register extensions.

I said sometimes...

Anyhow, the link I gave did have the answer you required and more!

Here's what I've taken from it for you

BSPAVI.CMD

@ECHO OFF
SETLOCAL

FOR %%? IN ("%PROGRAMFILES%") DO (SET SHORTPF=%%~sA)

REG ADD HKCR\.AVI /VE /D "BSPlayerFile.AVI" /F >NUL
REG ADD HKCR\BSPlayerFile.AVI\DefaultIcon /VE /D "%SHORTPF%\Webteh\BSplayerPro\bsplayer.exe,3" /F >NUL
REG ADD HKCR\BSPlayerFile.AVI\shell\open\command /VE /D "%SHORTPF%\Webteh\BSplayerPro\bsplayer.exe \"%%L\"" /F >NUL

ENDLOCAL
EXIT

I've seen the oneless file, it is taken from the thread I linked to.

Your question was how to register with avi, oneless reply was all supported file types as was the thread I linked to.

The cmd file I posted was exactly that!

I've seen the oneless file, it is taken from the thread I linked to.

Your question was how to register with avi, oneless reply was all supported file types as was the thread I linked to.

The cmd file I posted was exactly that!

:blink:

Once again, i like the oneless way, thanks for your contribution.

*unsubscriped*

oneless, yes it is, i have no problem with your input into this thread.

I only posted because I found by search , with some difficulty, a thread which I knew existed. Since the thread starter hadn't managed that, I decided to respond accordingly.

What i didn't expect was the feeling of no appreciation for my find, and a possibility that SolidasRock hadn't realized that my response wasn't a jibe but an actual link.

Just because the thread starter gets a reponse which suits them, does not mean that the thread should end. It is not their thread it belongs to the community. Once the question has been answered then it can help the community, that is what the forum is about. I answered the question, not as further help for someone who had already stated they didn't want it, but for others, in the hope that one day the search facillty will produce meaningful results more often.

• 5 months later...
oneless, yes it is, i have no problem with your input into this thread.

I only posted because I found by search , with some difficulty, a thread which I knew existed. Since the thread starter hadn't managed that, I decided to respond accordingly.

What i didn't expect was the feeling of no appreciation for my find, and a possibility that SolidasRock hadn't realized that my response wasn't a jibe but an actual link.

Just because the thread starter gets a reponse which suits them, does not mean that the thread should end. It is not their thread it belongs to the community. Once the question has been answered then it can help the community, that is what the forum is about. I answered the question, not as further help for someone who had already stated they didn't want it, but for others, in the hope that one day the search facillty will produce meaningful results more often.

:blink: