Microsoft Office Live

alsiladka

Microsoft announced today the immediate availability of Microsoft Office Live.

Microsoft Office Live Basics.A collection of free services (advertising-supported) will provide a small business with the core requirements for establishing an online identity. Services include a company domain name; five e-mail accounts using that company domain name, each with 2 GB of storage; a Web site with 30 MB of file storage space; an easy-to-use, drag-and-drop design tool for creating a compelling, professional-quality Web site; and the Microsoft Office Live Site Reports tool for monitoring and analyzing Web site traffic.

Easy-to-use Web site design tool

Free domain name and hosting

5 personalized e-mail accounts

Storage and data transfer

Web site traffic analysis and reporting tools

Support

Microsoft Office Live Collaboration.Designed for small businesses that may already have a Web site, this subscription offering provides a rich, versatile set of Internet-based business management tools that are managed and maintained by Microsoft. Based on Microsoft Windows® SharePoint® Services technology, the Microsoft Office Live Collaboration service offers small businesses password-protected online workspaces (intranets and extranets). Capabilities include customer management, project management, sales and marketing management, employee management, and company administration, as well as password-protected internal shared sites to facilitate collaboration among employees, customers, suppliers and other business partners.

Shared Sites

Online business applications

Company information at work, at home, or on the go

Storage (disk) space

Enhanced data protection

Customer support

Microsoft Office Live Essentials.A comprehensive set of business services, this subscription offering will provide customers with the resources and collaboration tools they need to establish and manage a small business online. Services include a company domain name; 50 e-mail accounts using that company domain name, each with 2 GB of storage; a Web site with 50 MB of file storage space; the same Web design tool as Microsoft Office Live Basics, plus Microsoft Office FrontPage® support for advanced Web design; more advanced Web site analytics; and a rich set of Internet-based applications to help small-business owners streamline and automate daily business tasks, such as management of customers, projects and documents.

Easy-to-use Web site design tool

Free domain name and hosting

50 personalized e-mail accounts

Storage and data transfer

Web site traffic analysis and reporting tools

One location for information sharing

Manage your business online

All the 3 services are going to be free during the Beta stage , while Collaboration and Essentials are going to be charged at $29.95/month .

More info -

Basic

Collaboration

Essential

Office Live

Discuss and Share your views and opinions over here.

Edited by alsiladka

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, I've been playing with it for a couple of weeks now but I haven't quite figured out the mail. I've created my account but I have no Inbox and no way to send, create, and receive mail. Maybe that's not working yet. The Web page is coming along but I am a bit disappointed that you can't design your own or edit the code. Mabe that's a feature they'll add in the future. I can't say right now if it's an application that I'll use in the future but I'm reserving judgement until I see more.

Nasus