[Question] - lookign for a welcoming screen for xp (replacment)

kurt476

hi, do you know the one on indepenace day where the guy starts up his computer says good morning dave or what every that pc says right? ;)

i'm looking for such replacement welcome screen for windows xp. dose anybudy out there know a welcoming screen?

i love that welcoming screen :):D

Hi to both of you, i been so busy getting this ged done that i do have some time here and there to repsone.

Is there a logon studio that letts, you put in sound for like a voice, just type your name for customise logon screen? may i can inclued switchs to.

Look in ur %systemroot%\media folder and look for a file called Windows Logon sound. In XP it's Windows XP logon sound. It plays the sound upon logon. You could make your own to say "Hello Dave." Just make sure you rename it exactly as to the sound that originally plays.

It doesn't matter, it's really just personal preference. The stock sound length is 4sec. I have a 10sec. clip of the Carlie Brown theme song. Just make sure that it's a wave. Also, the lenght really depends on the speed of ur computer. If ur running a slow proc, the sound wont load for a short period. Just experiment. Also make sure to back up the original sound file in case you want to revert. As for the text to speech thing. That's an accesibility option. Click the windows key and "U". This'll open up the narrator which is essentially a text to speech thing. The problem with this is that since it's synthesized, it doesn't sound very good. You'll have better quality if you get a free audio editor that allows you to add special effects to sounds. Some give the sound a robotic/virtual sound.