Help!

siad

Hey guys I have windows vista build 5270 and having a problem with it. I am putting this on these boards because some of you may have it. I have a dell inspiron 9300. First of all I installed windows vista on my current HD that had Xp pro. Now every time I start my comp I have a choice to use longhorn or my previous os. Yet when I click on the previous os my comp freezes. Now I don’t know how to fix this so I installed word and other software on Vista. Now here is my second problem I have a dell 720 printer. I have installed the drivers for it yet no matter what I do when I print something it tells me that my printer is not connected to my comp. the usb port worked with windows xp. The wire works I just tested it with my friends comp, can anyone help me? I have bypassed the activation of vista so if I can print stuff, I can run this till my break when I can reformat. Thanks for the help.

The problem I see with this thread are the words Vista and Dell.

Vista is a beta. Dell is an OEM I really want to stay away from because they rape their hardware to the point where only specific software and hardware will work. Trying to get the two to work is really an accomplishment. I can't believe you actually had the balls to do that. If your current config is giving you any serious problems, just go back to XP.

well... i dont know how to help you but read this :

12. Very often we see meaningless subjects in topic title. They give no clue of what the posts are all about. For example:

- Oh no!

- Help

- I'm mad

- Please help

- Question

- I need your help

- Hmmmm ....

This should be avoided. Users should enter something more specific in topic title so that it is easier for others to help.