[Help] - dwwin.exe

The008

Hello!

I'm having some problem with this application. dwwin.exe is located at system32 folder and is used to report errors, but it locks the system with a lot of programs I start. For example, I still couldn't install Incredimail XE Portuguese edition, 'cause it starts and the system gets low and low, and the mouse moves lower than normal, so I open up windows task manager and I see that f***** program running and when I kill the process it closes the other program I'm trying to run. It happens frequently when I'm on the internet, but sometimes it locks every program that I start (ex. WinRAR, IsoBuster....). I really want to solve this problem. Did anyone have this kind of problem? By the way, my sistem is Windows XP SP2 Brazilian Portuguese, 256MB, GeForce4 64MB and a LOT of programs running (Firefox 1.5.0.1, Winamp 5.11 with Modern Skin, Incredimail XE Premium (English version), Windows Live Messenger 8.0 BETA, AVG 7.1 plus Firewall [control center], mouse and keyboard apps, The Cleaner Registry and Process Viewer, nVidia apps...)

There's a picture showing details of the f***** program.

Thanks!

post-64924-1139777527_thumb.jpg

hey why not just disable error reporting? entirely upto you but it isnt actually needed so its safe to disable, First of all dwwin.exe is Dr Watson which is used by the error reporting tool. Alot of security related applications will throw up warning flags about this file trying to read, write or modify a number of other .exe files. This isn't anything to worry about because it's only trying to investigate "events" that it believes is causing problems that may lead to crashing.

File can be found:

*:windowssystem32dwwin.exe

The biggest complaint about the error reporting service is it causing alot of various applications to not load or crash during use. Quite a few of these can be fixed by downloading updates from windows update and scanning for viruses/spyware but alot of others simply won't be fixed with the currently available updates. In that case you'll want to just disable the service! After that 90% of the time the program will then run properly. If you've found this article through a search engine you'll want to disable it now.

Edited by trickytwista

I couldn't find "Error Reporting" in my language (Portuguese). I stopped and disabled the only thing that had "Error" in the name (that would be something like "Error when informing service: Allows to inform errors of services and applications when executed in non-standard environments."), but when I started an application, the problem is still the same. Should I reboot and test?

Thanks guys I fould and disabled, but I've already disabled (only checked to show critical errors), and when I uncheck that option I got a error "Memory could not be "written". What HELL is this about? What should I do?

There's a screenshot with my poor translation :lol:

post-64924-1139948688_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...