Strange Text

Dagonet'

Mods...I did'nt know where I should post this. I'm guessing this forum is acceptable.

I'm getting this message on my screen when trying to log into Renderosity.Com. Does anyone know what it means..??

Illegal variable name: 'dom[3]', look for mismatched #s

Last night i got similar messages when logging into Wincustomize and DeviantArt...

Thanks.... Dag

Some sites dont allow special characters like that, because they are oftenly used for SQL Injection.

I don't understand your reply....Sorry.

I'm not using any characters..I'm trying to log on using my Nick and Password...This is the message the site is loading..Or someone intervening on the sites behalf..??

I've been a member of this site for years..

That text has nothing to do with what I am injecting..??

I've just tried entering Renderosity again....After about 10 attempts over a period of a cpl of hours, i am able to get the site up....

I was just wondering asto the choice of text and the terms used to see if anyone had an idea of why it was being deemed Illegal..

Strange use of terms for one of the largest graphic sites on the net..LOL!!

Edited by Dagonet'

Sorry, maybe I havent made myself clear enough Dagonet'.

What I meant was, that some sites dont accept characters like ' [ | - , etc etc.

SQL Injection is a way of 'hacking' a site, therefor, many sites are starting to declare those same characters like prohibited input characters.

P.S: Indeed. Poor choice of words.

Edited by Gouki

Sorry, maybe I havent made myself clear enough Dagonet'.

What I meant was, that some sites dont accept characters like ' [ | - , etc etc.

SQL Injection is a way of 'hacking' a site, therefor, many sites are starting to declare those same characters like prohibited input characters.

P.S: Indeed. Poor choice of words.

Ok...I'm guessing that you're referring to my nickname here on this site..With the apostrophe' at the end...

I don't use Dagonet' on many sites I visit...My nick at Renderosity.Com has nothing like that attached..Very straight forward nickname. One that I have been using there regularily for years and years..

Sorry I misunderstood your meaning...Thanks for your replies. B)