Opteron 144

Ðrзω™

I'm going to be buying a AMD Opteron 144 Socket 939 CAB2E tomorrow, now it says (with screenshot proof) that it can hit 2.9GHz (2906.3MHz) @ 1.520 vcore on 323 HTTx9.0, but im not sure if this was done on air or with water cooling (im probably assuming the latter). Now assuming i have the best air cooling i can possibly get (any suggestions welcome :thumbup ) with my current GeIL value DDR Ram @ 2.5-3-3-6 PC3200, could anyone give me a rought estimate of what speeds i could expect (my new motherboard is a Socket 939 DFI Lanparty Ultra-D nF3 & i'm also going to replace the chipset cooler with my newSwiftech MCX159-CU heatsink)??

also is this cpu compatible? nvidia site lists that it isnt unless its a nforce3 professional but a post on dfi street says he used an opteron 148 on his nforce dfi ultra-d. if it isnt then please disregard this topic :)

Thanks in advance to any help and estimates you can provide :)

Edited by Ðrзω™

yeah nforce3

reason being before xmas and before i decided to upgrade (came into a little stash of money hence my upgrade) i bought a GeForce 6600GT for £125 and i dont wanna give up a £125 investment just yet lol (basically im trying to get the most bang for buck). Thanks for the tip ripken on the speeds :D

you said it can hit 2.9 on stock cooler, can u reccomend a good aftermarket 939 cooler? as id like to keep everything as cool as i possibly can :)

Thanx in advance :)

where do u plan on buying the heatsink? im not sure since your over in the uk.

the top coolers are the:

thermaltake big typhoon

scythe ninja

zalman 9550

arctic cooler frezzer 64

thermalright si-120,xp-120,si-90,xp-90

any of these would be a good choice, the ninja is what i have and you will also need to buy a fan for it

• 2 weeks later...

Well I dont have my more expensive cooling (money restrictioins lol) so i bought a Akasa AK 860 as it was cheap and would do for onw and im pleasanly surprised to be running 30-35 idle temps and 42-45 load temps

@ 2.81 GHz with 310 HTT & 200MHz RAM (latest prime stable)

Just thought id post a little update incase anyone was interested lol