(silent-installers)

crystalxp

hi, I'm new here please guide me with simplicity...I'm trying to integrate dotnetfx2.0 and other applications READY-MADE (silent-installers) LIKE .MSI, .EXE using n-lite...

My Q. is how do i do that? how to integrate silent-installers using n-lite?

should i use RunOnceEx or deal with them as an add-ons or what?

please help, this link wasn't much help in detail for me it's too complicated for a simple Q. http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp/view/web/31

it made me even more lost ... can someone help me out here????

And in this link http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=59614

Where do i write this kind of codes i.e...

Install from: svcpack.inf

Installs to: %PROGRAMFILES%\Java (Default)

please....It's Urgent

Edited by crystalxp

thank you for your respond...i truly did what you said already before i post and no luck at all, the details are not clear enough I have already been through the tutorials posted, but no luck it seems like everybody assume that everybody knows and all speak the same language which is a little hard for me to read between the lines .

why do i get redirected to another link instead of getting a straight forward answer.
:no:

OK, where do i put these switches thats all??????????????

Edited by crystalxp

You are encouraged to read and search because there are numerous topics that are double posted because new members tend to not use the search function, and all of what you are asking are already posted and answered.

Personally I use the following switch for DotNet 2

dotnetfx2.exe /q:a /c:"install /l /q"

It's up to you how to install this, you could use a batch file as follows:

@echo off

: Determine CDROM drive letter
for %%i in (C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z) do if exist %%i:\win51ip.SP2 set CDROM=%%i:

start /wait %cdrom%\DOTNETFX\dotnetfx2.exe /q:a /c:"install /l /q"

exit

Now this would only make sence to you if you have firmly read the unattended.msfn.org guide ;)

And don't worry it takes quite some trial and error to get it all working :)

Good luck!

Edited by BoardBabe

I understand your point ,but see that's what i'm talking about exactly ... you gave me a code and thats really good step thank you..but here where i get confused...because the most important part to me is where to put this sweet code????.

in notepad, run or some where else?and where do i put the batch file and how to make it?

these are the simple questions that are missing in the forums...

Edited by crystalxp

I don't use nLite, I use WPI, check out the WPI topic for more info.

PS. You can create a batch file by saving the content above to a .cmd file from notepad. You can also put path\to\exe\dotnetfx2.exe /q:a /c:"install /l /q" in RUN to silently install.

Edited by BoardBabe

You don't.

Not to be rude, but you need to go back and firmly read the guide from step1 and take it from there. I'd recommend following the guide 100% and create an unattended setup manually and wait with adding/removing till you get that working, you will get a better understanding of what's going on. It's hard to explain what you are asking when your missing some verry basic knowledge.

Please don't take this offending, as we have all started somewhere and it is much to read for understanding what's going on :)

Keep it up...

i lost :wacko:

sorry guys it might look foolish ques. :w00t:

what the hell those batches commands mean /Q:A /R:N /Q /N /Z /O /qn /s /v /f etc..

may u plzz explain what those comands mean

how i can install applications silently

dont want to copy an past i want to know why /qn and not /s

i think the meaning of those batches commands could help

who could tell me ?