RunPostSetupCommands

Siginet

I can't help you, but you didn't tried %16422%. :P

IIUC, you're doing thing in the wrong order.

The INF file is used only to manage the start menu.

The CMD file does all other things.

So why not making the CMD the main script, and call the INF from the CMD ???

Of course, you'll need something to hide the CMD window.

And you really should learn to create InnoSetups : it features a professional look and lots of things you never dreamed about...

(before you ask : yes, i have stock-options :lol: )

Of course, you'll need something to hide the CMD window.

that's exactly why I decided the INF should run the CMD file :)

Ofcourse I could use HIDE.exe, its only few KB's but it does mean adding another file to the package, don't want to do that.

(I actually have HIDE.exe standardly in my system32 folder, but other people don't).

for installing, I simply let the 7z SFX file call the setup.cmd file and hide the console window.

For uninstalling from Windows Add/Remove Programs, there is no way to call a .cmd or .bat file hidden. So that's why I tried using the INF file.

Thought about INNO (still thinking..) but INNO is all about a Graphical User Interface, I want the most simple installer as possible (as simple as possible for the end-user!).

That means: just double click a file and it installs right away... no Next,Next,Next, Finish.

I will do some research about INNO but I don't think this is possible.

In the mean time I did learn a lot about batchscripting and INF files :)

Edited by ZileXa

That means: just double click a file and it installs right away... no Next,Next,Next, Finish.
Inno Setup FAQ : Is it possible to do a silent install without using the /SILENT or /VERYSILENT command-line parameters?

No, nor is such a feature planned (it would be abused). If it is your intention to keep user interaction to a minimum, use the Disable* [setup] section directives.

They are :

DisableDirPage = Select Destination Location page (you must set a default dir)

DisableFinishedPage = Setup Completed page (immediately close)

DisableProgramGroupPage = Select Start Menu Folder page (you must set a default start menu folder ; or have no start menu items)

DisableReadyMemo = Ready to Install page (the one which display what will be installed)

DisableReadyPage = Ready to Install page (the second one)

DisableStartupPrompt = This will install... Do you wish to continue? dialog box

Then if you specify no license, no "InfoBefore", no "InfoAfter", no components, no tasks, no languages, you'll get a nearly silent setup. (at least far from "all about a Graphical User Interface")

Another solution is... VBS script ! they are silent by default, and i think they can run a INF or a CMD hidden. (with WshShell.Run "your command here", vbHide). Obviously, the end-user will need WScript installed (a drawback absent if you use inno)

Inno Setup FAQ : Is it possible to do a silent install without using the /SILENT or /VERYSILENT command-line parameters?

No, nor is such a feature planned (it would be abused). If it is your intention to keep user interaction to a minimum, use the Disable* [setup] section directives.

They are :

DisableDirPage = Select Destination Location page (you must set a default dir)

DisableFinishedPage = Setup Completed page (immediately close)

DisableProgramGroupPage = Select Start Menu Folder page (you must set a default start menu folder ; or have no start menu items)

DisableReadyMemo = Ready to Install page (the one which display what will be installed)

DisableReadyPage = Ready to Install page (the second one)

DisableStartupPrompt = This will install... Do you wish to continue? dialog box

Then if you specify no license, no "InfoBefore", no "InfoAfter", no components, no tasks, no languages, you'll get a nearly silent setup. (at least far from "all about a Graphical User Interface")

Another solution is... VBS script ! they are silent by default, and i think they can run a INF or a CMD hidden. (with WshShell.Run "your command here", vbHide). Obviously, the end-user will need WScript installed (a drawback absent if you use inno)

Edited by Delprat

• 1 year later...

OK I know this is an old post but just for the purposes of documentation and getting this on the record this worked for me in my addon

[DefaultInstall]
AddReg = RunOnce.AddReg

[RunOnce.AddReg]
HKLM,"%RUNONCE%","CapOCR",0,"RUNDLL32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection CapOCR.inf,Cap.Install"

[Cap.Install]
RunPostSetupCommands = Cap.Setup

[Cap.Setup]
CMD /Q /C CD """%16422%\%USD%""" & CapSetup.bat

[Strings]
USD = "Utilities\USDownloader"

Edited by ricktendo64