Update to Tomcat76's page

Super-Magician

@Tomcat76 :hello:

The two additional updates you added to your XP page, the User Profile Hive Cleanup Service and MSXML 6.0, are not yet properly slipstreamed by HFSLIP. I tried running it today and the two extra files (msxml6.msi and UPHClean-Setup.msi) do not show up in the ERROR_REPORT.txt file.

I know HFSLIP uses FINDSTR lines to locate hotfixes, so I'll just wait until you update it, tommyp... Never mind. ;)

-- Super-Magician :)

Edited by Super-Magician

I've been integrating MSXML6 for about two weeks now and never had an issue. Did you put it in the HF folder?

I'll check out the UPH thing. I've been digging inside the HFSLIP script for the past couple of weeks and saw lines to do a silent install of it so I decided to add it to the list. I'll be back...

Edit:

Did you delete ERROR_REPORT.TXT before running HFSLIP again?

Edited by Tomcat76

I've been integrating MSXML6 for about two weeks now and never had an issue. Did you put it in the HF folder?
I guess it probably didn't work because I also had msxml4.exe (the result of your update script) in HF.
Did you delete ERROR_REPORT.TXT before running HFSLIP again?
I still have my last ERROR_REPORT.TXT file, which is the one from when I ran HFSLIP with those two additional updates in HF. Do you want to have a look at it?

Edited by Super-Magician

Found it. HFSLIP has this line:

DIR HF\*.EXE /A-D /OGN /B /ON >>ERROR_REPORT.TXT

It outputs only the .exe files into ERROR_REPORT.TXT.

To check if MSXML6 got integrated:

See if msxml6.dll and msxml6r.dll reside in SOURCESS\I386.

To check if UPHClean got copied:

See if UPHClean.msi exists in SOURCESS\I386\SVCPACK.

To check if UPHClean got copied:

See if UPHClean.msi exists in SOURCESS\I386\SVCPACK.

Yup, it's there - thanks! :D
To check if MSXML6 got integrated:

See if msxml6.dll and msxml6r.dll reside in SOURCESS\I386

I checked I386 and could not find any msxml6.dl_ or msxml6r.dl_ file. Could this be the result of having msxml4.exe in HF in addition to msxml6.msi?

Edited by Super-Magician

I checked I386 and could not find any msxml6.dl_ or msxml6r.dl_ file. Could this be the result of having msxml4.exe in HF in addition to msxml6.msi?
That's strange. No... it shouldn't matter. The MSI and the EXE are handled by different sections of HFSLIP, and I was also using msxml4.exe (my installer) alongside msxml6.msi. The only thing I can think of is that you have to run HFSLIP with administrative rights. Edited by Tomcat76

Uh... Just thinking...

Do you have MSICabExtract.exe inside the HFTOOLS folder?

Ah, that must be the problem! Thanks.

Also, regarding my problem with the music during Welcome to Windows, have a look at the bottom of my post here.

Edit #1: The download link for MSICabExtract.exe (well, a ZIP file containing that) listed on the HFSLIP page seems to be broken. Do you think you can post it along with MSICabExtract.txt?

Edit #2: Never mind, I got it off here.

Edit #3: Problem with the MSXML 6.0 MSI solved.

Edited by Super-Magician