Anyone got Corel X3 installed silently?

WotC

Hi!

Anyone got these programs to install silently? there is an msi file in the cgsX3, it responds to the /qb switch but starts another msi automatically after the first :-(. so it sends an end command before completely finished!

word perfect x3 doesnt work at all :-(

any help would be grat - thx in advance

• 3 weeks later...

Noone? this suite is impressive... give the trial a try (and tell me how to install it silently please :-))

Maybe anyone has an idea how i could check for a running process? and run a specific command once this process is started or finished? might help installing it silently!

Edited by WotC

I know this is not helpful at the moment but I have successfully installed Corel WordPerfect X3 with custom Components silently. When I get home from work I will post the code I used for you and anyone else that is interested in it B)

P.S. I only purchas the retail and do not have the trial version. It should be the same (I would think anyways :P) but who knows really lol. I will post what I have when I get home from work.

EDIT:

ok I am back from work :P this is the code I used to do custom silent install of the retail version of the Corel WordPerfect Office X3 I edited the setup.ini

[Startup]
CmdLine=SERIALNUMBER=XXXXXXX-XXXXXXX-XXX ADDLOCAL=ALL REMOVE=UtClipbk,WTGA,WTCA,WTPL,WTST,WTAF,WTCZ,WTDK,WTSU,WTFR,WTDE,WTGR,WTIS,WTIT,WTPO,WTRU,WTSL,WTSV
,WTTR,WTNO,WTNL,WTZU,WTXH,WTTN,WPLegal,WPEntrus,UtHelp,WPMail,WPYahoo,WPClassi DESKTOPSHORTCUT="Disable" CACHE_SETUP_SOURCE="No" ADMINALLOW_UPDATESERVICE="0" /qb /L* %temp%\WPO13.log AUTOLOG="%temp%\WPO13.log"

Edited by NateSmith

Hi!

Great, thanks! After minor modifications it works for me! (You just forgot to leave your serial - it would have been just copy&paste with that :-))

CmdLine=SERIALNUMBER=XXXXXXX-XXXXXXX-XXX ADDLOCAL=ALL REMOVE=WPYahoo /qb /L* %systemdrive%\WPO13.log AUTOLOG="%systemdrive%\WPO13.log"

I have to check whether it works for the Graphics Suite, too (for me even more important).

Do you have a list of component abbreviations used?

Edited by WotC

I do not have the component abbreviation for the Graphics suite but I will download the trial and see if I can look them up for you it might take me a couple hrs to actually find them but it should be a be deal since I know where to look in orca for them :P

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

CmdLine=SERIALNUMBER=XXXXXXX-XXXXXXX-XXX ADDLOCAL=ALL REMOVE=DrDupWiz,DrSBProf,BR,CS,CT,CZ,DE,FR,IT,JP,KR,NL,PL,Capture,PP DESKTOPSHORTCUT="Disable" CACHE_SETUP_SOURCE="No" ADMINALLOW_UPDATESERVICE="0" /qb /L* %temp%\CorelX3.log AUTOLOG="%temp%\CorelX3.log"

You can open the setup.msi in an installer design software and look for 'features'. These are the names of the components you can remove.

If you change the /qb switch for /qn the install will be totally silent except for the Corel splash window.

Thanks to NateSmith for the help with the cmdline. :thumbup

• 1 year later...

I have tried

"Setup.exe" /S /v/qn

and

Setup.msi /qn

and both seem to ignore cmdline. How exactly am i supposed to run it to use setup.ini?

EDIT:

NVM, i used "Setup.exe" /S /v"/qn SERIALNUMBER=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"

anyway admin installation is solution too ...

I now wonder how to get rid of tips toolbar showing after first start ...

Edited by Lolita