Can We Have Unattended Installation For Vista?

ummm....since vista launched.....there are many days gone...but no-one posted such a method that we can make unattended installation for Vista!! vista also having I386 folder ( i dont know actually..caz i havent Vista..but as told someone to me ) so cant we have unattended installation method for it???

Best unattended installs of Vista will be based on Ximage way ... it's new method which allow a sort-of-ghost cloning but hardware independant ... we must wait the final version or beta 2 to have more documentation ... the answer file will be present too IMHO. Perhaps other guys has already found unattended process for beta ...

Ximage is Microsoft's new method of installing Windows. Like mentioned earlier it's kind of like Ghost., where there's a single image file that gets put down onto the disk. But, unlike Ghost, Microsoft's Ximage is supposed to be hardware independant.

With Ghost, you can't take the image for a laptop and put it on a desktop because the hardware (the HAL) is different. You have to have different images for different hardware.

With Ximage, you have a single image that will work on all types of computers. You put it on any machine and then it runs a type of hardware detection and it then installs the needed drivers. At least that the general idea behind it.

It's the same general idea (but not to be confused with) Dell's imaging solution, which is also called "Ximage".

If you were click on the link under guides for "Windows Vista Step-by-Step Guides for IT Professionals" you will see a list of documents and one is for "Deploying Vista Step by Step Guide".

This does contain some info on how it can be done if you give it a read.

oioldman trying to help

• 3 months later...

Heres the Microsoft Windows Vista Automated Installation Kit - all it has is a bunch of help files

<a href="http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/info.aspx?na=90&p=&SrcDisplayLang=en&SrcCategoryId=&SrcFamilyId=993C567D-F12C-4676-917F-05D9DE73ADA4&u=http%3a%2f%2fdownload.microsoft.com%2fdownload%2f4%2f4%2f3%2f44361624-b83c-4585-b65e-1ae7e887a28b%2fFebruary_CTP.zip" target="_blank">click here</a>

Edited by hiphopconnect

vista uses a xml file based unattend file that can either be custom wrote or written by the windows system image manage (WSIM) which is part of the WAIK, the unattended file can do everything that can be done in XP plus a couple things after that :) it is very cool, ximage actually has nothing to do with proccess, it is just teh new delivery engine for vista