[Help] - CD Key problem?

bigyin2

I used nLite for the first time last nite. I had to use it becuase I had problems with getting my sata drivers to install using a floppy. Everything was working fine, got my raid array made but when it was installing windows the cdkey window came up? in nLite I had entered the cdkey with no spaces. I don't know if that's correct? should I put dashes or spaces? Then I made a second version this time I left out the cdkey, so when windows installed I could enter the cdkey myself but when I did it says its invalid. I don't know how to fix this problem. Could someone help me??????????

Navigate your way to the I386 folder and find the file called WINNT.sif, open it up in notepad and make sure

The entry looks like this

[userData]

ProductKey=XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

replacing the X's with your valid cd key

I created another slipstream disk without entering the cdkey so i could enter it in myself during installation but it still doesnt work??????????

HELP!!!!

If you had the UnattendMode=FullUnattended in the Unattended section then it would fail

remeber to save the file without changing the extension before closing notepad. recreate your iso and try again.

If it fails again post your WINNT.sif file so we can see if there are any other errors in there.

Ok i've tried to slipstream my original xp home edition cd with sp2 and my raid/sata drivers, but the drivers don't appear to install as both hd's show up individually.....but the cdkey works ok. But when I use a pirated XpPro disk the drivers DO work but the cdkey doesn't???? what can I do to get the drivers to work on my home edition cd??? im doing the exact same as i did with xpPro...I don't know how to fix this???

If your key doesn't work, call Microsoft. They're usually pretty helpful with keys that don't work, as long as they can either: (a) confirm that your key is valid, or (B) get proof that you have the COA for your licence.

If your key is illegal, then you shouldn't be posting here.

I think you just solved your own problem ...

xp pro disk

and then entering a xp home key ...

if you have a xp home oem key, you need an xp home oem cd

if you have a xp home retail key, you need an xp home retail cd

I think you get the point