WPI 4.3.8 & WPI Lite 1.2

Hmm, in the new WPI Lite v1.2, the if argument for the force install is removed. Now there is no message for force install and nothing happens, just the same thing as before. Does it work for you?

I still cant figure this one out the numbering issue works fine for me but I am going over the code with a fine toothed comb to try and catch any errors... Sorry you thought I might have been ignoring you.

Oh? Am i the only one with this problem? Now, i use clean WPI and the only thing i change is "run this from CD" in WPI options itself and also change "give WPI borders" in WPI.hta to easy switch betweens windows.

I use my own config.js and that is it. I dont change WPI.cmd (from dp0 to cdrom).

I really thought there are more people who have the same problem as i.... :o

Nope forced installs are working again just no message shows anymore it goes straight to the installations...

How is this possible? You tell me this problem is fixed in WPI lite 1.2 and WPI 4.3.8 but the second WPI is still the same version as i have used in the past? (and my problem do exist in both WPI)

However i will give 1.2 a try... :unsure:

Hey kel, i just dl-ed 1.2 and just found out that codes in 'generate.js' file changed .

I ran my uaxp cd with 1.2 on it and now WPI looks at C:\WPI when the parameter calls for %CDROM% .

help me.. or smack me ;)

thanks always

Hey kel, i just dl-ed 1.2 and just found out that codes in 'generate.js' file changed .

I ran my uaxp cd with 1.2 on it and now WPI looks at C:\WPI when the parameter calls for %CDROM% .

help me.. or smack me ;)

thanks always

SMACK!!! LOL what file do you have at the root of your CD? How are you calling your WPI? WPI.hta or WPI.cmd?

hey kel thanks for the update, it seems to open faster :)

one question and ive seen it discussed before is how to disable tooltips. with the new lite version do i just delete lines 55-61 in main.js? I even saw a post from a while back that said that WPI.hta was not needed.

Edited by DigeratiPrime

one more Q.

is it normal that WPI is called 'twice' when ran with runonceex.cmd ?

here's my code and picture for help

FOR %%i IN (D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z) DO IF EXIST %%i:\WIN51 SET CDROM=%%i:

SET KEY=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx

REG ADD %KEY% /V TITLE /D "Installing Applications" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\001 /VE /D "First step" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\001 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\none1.bat" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\002 /VE /D "calling WPI" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\002 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\wpi\wpi.hta" /f

dscf04314gl.th.jpg

Edited by larciel