IE 7 Beta 2 Leaked

pawan

I understand. It would be wise not to get it now anyway. It does not have it's make-up on, so I've been told by two guys I meet down an alley.. [i was just taking a shortcut home!]

It's just if you stop to see an accident, can you be arrested for looking?

Funny thing is, if you do a search on MSN, (or ninemsn in Aust. They partner Channel Nine TV) you get only one link - to this very page in MSFN Forums.

post-57434-1138480883_thumb.gif

Thanks for the ehads up on the new beta. For those who have used it and claimed it to be an improvement than beta 1 can you be a slight bit more specific as to what made you think that? Thanks.

I found it very basic and rough-did not like the space taken up by the toolbars, headers etc. without the ability to resize/relocate to just one line. Uninstalled and am going to wait until closer to release.

BrowserHawk helps professional web developers ensure a Flawless Web Experience

Browser type and version

Browser IE

Fullversion 7.0

ServicePack Beta 2

BrowserBuild 6,0,5299,0

Gecko False

==============================================

Scanit's Browser Security Test

http://bcheck.scanit.be/bcheck/

Test Your Browser's Security Now!

Your browser reports to be:

Browser name: MSIE

Version: 7.0

Platform: Windows NT 5.1

Can someone hack into your computer via your browser? How vulnerable you are? Can websites install spyware through your browser?

Scanit's Browser Security Test automatically checks your browser for various security problems. When the test is finished you get a complete report explaining the discovered vulnerabilities, their impact and how to eliminate them.

Warning: The test does not check for WMF vulnerability. If you use Windows, run Windows Update or get the patch.

---

Browser Security Test Results

Dear Customer,

The Browser Security Test is finished. Please find the results below:

High Risk Vulnerabilities 0

Medium Risk Vulnerabilities 0

Low Risk Vulnerabilities 0

Warning: The test does not check for WMF vulnerability. If you use Windows, run Windows Update or get the patch.

----------------

So it looks security safe, but it's BUTT UGLY. e088.gif

Hates Windows Blinds. Hates image background, say, through Tweak UI or X-Setup Pro. That is under the Tabs. But it's beta. .mht open of previous versions not showing images, which is a problem as .mht is only used by MS. It's the one thing missing from Firefox - that would finally make FF the killer app.

No option to select start New Tab with Home Page loaded - or - Blank. Which is funny because I had MS, I think, JKIE C# browser example, and it does open Home Page in each New Tab.

Only thing that has a background in Windows is Media Player 10 (If you can work out how to use Play lists, you can probably use a VCR!)

Anyway chopped a bit out with Irfanview, you know, the new version 3.98 that has the option to install Google Desktop Search. (Which they probably paid thousands or millions for.) It is the best freeware image viewer ever. One guy that Microsoft missed out on nine-years-ago.

post-57434-1138640153_thumb.jpg

This looks good as a Firefox, Explorer and Outlook Express background also..

I can't find my notes on the other problems, must have deleted, as I don't have it anyway.. :blushing:

I'm here right now with Firefox 1.5 and Extension InFormEnter. (Which I MUST HAVE.)

Oh, I know... ieSpell got killed. May need to be reinstalled if I can find it and if I had the browser. We will never know. [Lucky I have SpellBound for FF.]

It's just if you stop to see an accident, can you be arrested for looking?

Technically speaking, yes you could. If you are found to have any medical training even if you are certified by the Red Cross in CPR and did not assist a person in distress and they died you could be fined and jailed.

;)

• 1 month later...
:yes: after running ie7b2 for aday i switched back to ie6sp2 why? windows media player on my friends site wouldnt load a few favorite sites i visit display javascript all wrong .in its defense incase bills reading this i liked the tabs but wish each link open its own tab. the layout was simple i didnt mind it abit,things loaded quick and it was easy to configure and yes it is a firefox clone tsk tsk 4 shame. overall it will succeed on final release but i imagine the diehard ie 6 users will be hard to convince to change. Edited by timeless

• 3 weeks later...
Technically speaking, yes you could. If you are found to have any medical training even if you are certified by the Red Cross in CPR and did not assist a person in distress and they died you could be fined and jailed.

Sounds like yet another stupid American law.

I bet though that if you did give them resuscitation then they would sue you for damaging a rib or something stupid

One question - with beta one you could install it if you had not valadited windows - is this still possible, and can someone please send me a link to the post,

Thanks in advance,

Rob

Thanks for the ehads up on the new beta. For those who have used it and claimed it to be an improvement than beta 1 can you be a slight bit more specific as to what made you think that? Thanks.

Just back to IE6 to-night and it's "great to be back". The first thing I notice is the speed in IE6, it's flyin'!

I'll be waiting for the final, whenever!. :hello: