Error when installing XP

Nerwin

I get this error when i install windows xp pro: 0x0000007B (0xf7a2563c, 0xc0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000) on a WD SATA-150 250Gb HDD

Any reason why?

Edited by computerMan

If it's a problem with the device driver for the SATA drive, you need to press F6 when promted at the start of the Windows XP Setup in order to load the correct driver during setup. If you have more than one SATA drive installed, there might even be a conflict between the boot controller and another controler or between SCSI drives.You will then need to unplug one.

The last thing it might be, but very unlikely, is a boot sector virus.

Good Luck! :angel

If you have all of the latest drivers installed for everything on your PC (including the chipset), then I'm not sure where that's coming from. It seems like it could be a driver issue, unfortunately, and given the history of this post, it's probably a chipset or drive controller driver that's at fault here.

Ok now i had to reinstall my computer and windows will install right and when it comes to reboot i will click ENTER to reboot and it will reboot and it will start to install windows again it dose that over and over.

WHY?

The files aren't being written to the disk properly. Also, you proabably know this but, when you reboot for the first time, right after the text based install, you don't need push anything anymore. The OS will eventually boot into the GUI based install. Now, if it automatically goes into the GUI based install fine, it shouldn't reboot. If it is at the GUI, at what point does it just reboot?

Perhaps you should try to install windows with the minimum required hardware. Remove any sound cards ect. which is not neccesary for you computer to boot and only leave the RAM, 1 HDD, CD Drive and display.

You can always when setup is done, install additional hardware. In Windows setup, delete all partitions and create one parition. Remember to press F6 when promted to do so, then you will be given the oppertunity to load the correct SATA drivers from a floppy before setup reboots.

Did you try to install Windows on your hard drive but on another machine?

The files aren't being written to the disk properly. Also, you proabably know this but, when you reboot for the first time, right after the text based install, you don't need push anything anymore. The OS will eventually boot into the GUI based install. Now, if it automatically goes into the GUI based install fine, it shouldn't reboot. If it is at the GUI, at what point does it just reboot?

ok pictures my help

When it frist boot it will load windows setup right and go the this screen:

wxpins023ue.th.gif

And then it format as in picture Below:

wxpins061np.th.gif

And then it will Start copying the files as the picture below:

wxpins074wd.th.gif

And then i will Reboot as in below:

wxpins082vc.th.gif

and it should continue when it reboot right but it comes up with this screen again:

wxpins020vp.th.gif

Perhaps you should try to install windows with the minimum required hardware. Remove any sound cards ect. which is not neccesary for you computer to boot and only leave the RAM, 1 HDD, CD Drive and display.

You can always when setup is done, install additional hardware. In Windows setup, delete all partitions and create one parition. Remember to press F6 when promted to do so, then you will be given the oppertunity to load the correct SATA drivers from a floppy before setup reboots.

Did you try to install Windows on your hard drive but on another machine?

Theres is now sound card or anything like that i just have my cd drive and my hard drive but now floppy drive so i cant put sata drivers in. but the thing is that it worked before.

Edited by computerMan

Let me guess... your install CD doesn't ask you if you want to "Press any key to boot from CD", right?

That's what a normal install CD does, but I think that there's an option in nLite to remove it (or if you've found an alternate boot.bin file and used that as your bootsector).

Either rebuild your CD with the regular bootsector, or manually set the boot order to your hard drive after the initial text setup.