Cant Install MSN6, pls help !

iltc

I keep getting this error message when installing MSN 6

An error occurred during the installation of assembly component

{874793FC-5F43-496A-8FE7-18C4DB9B143D}

HRESULT: -2147024894

MSN messenger has failed with error code '1603'. Please go to the MSN Messenger website and download the software from there.

Btw i m using Win Xp Home

Cheers

This is a MsiInstallProduct return code and it means that another program is running that is interfering with the installation. You should disable or close all programs and install again. If you still receive this message or a similar message then you need to update your installer. Let us know how it goes.

Hi

After installing MSN6 , I install the patches straightaway but still couldn't remove the ads or unlock the games. The only thing that was removed is 'Beta'

Please help ...

Did you reboot the PC after you installed everything?

Exactly which patches did you run? I ask because there are so many around the web. The latest beta is having some problems with some of the patches. Which beta build are you using?

Hi MSNWar

I installed beta 6.0.0256 (4169728 bytes) & the patches, reboot the PC but still cant get rid of the ads. Then I tried to install beta 6.0.0256 (4161536 bytes ) & the patches. The results are the same.

Hi

I reinstall MSN 6 and tried the patch but it still not working. I have been installing/reinstalling for about 20 times. I gonna give up ! :)

Thanks anyway, you have been very helpful.

• 2 weeks later...