Run from CD or HD

It has been brought up several times on how to specify to launch from CD or HD, but hasn't been fully explained or done. This is what would be needed so with new versions we won't have to remember to modify generate.js each time (like I just forgot to do).

It would be the easiest to put this in useroptions.js:

var launchFrom=CD; or =HD;

Then in generate.js do this check in FindCDRom():

if (launchFrom==CD)

{

FileExists(WIN51)

}

else

{

FileExists{WPI.ICO)

}

The above will only work if you can get the variable from useroptions.js and pass it to generate.js

Or put it in the temp registry entries.

If you can pass it from useroptions.js, then add on option to the configwizard.js to specify our choice.

OK. I modified the code to add this to the Options Wizard:

Install from CD? o Yes o No Launch WPI from CDROM, not from harddrive

(Default is no.)

Then in generate.js it automatically checks what your choice is and checks for either WPI.ICO or WIN51 and sets the path accordingly.

Below is the zipped file with the 3 modified files. It will work fine with your old useroptions.js file, then when you save your new choice for install method, it will add the new line. (backward compatible).

So now, with every new version you will not have to manually edit generate.js!!!

As always, let me know if there are any bugs. It works on my system........Murphy's Law of programming.

mritter, thanks for emailing me, i like your idea too. :thumbup

i make the same mistake as you (forgotting to edit generate.js) and didnt know anymore exactly which files to edit, so i stay at the old version (4.3.5). :blushing:

Now, i hope kelsenellenelvian grab your ideas and put it in the new version. B)