Ok. So How Do I Get Office 2k3 Onto my Disk?

golgotha

Well, your post is very uninformative so I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to accomplish but if you are trying to put them on a xp install disc then these three pages should be all you need.

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=4874

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=16709

http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp/view/web/31/

but really if all you want to know is where on the disc you should put it then this is what to read

http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp/view/web/18/

Edited by Fr33m4n

I re-read my post, and it sounded a bit snappish. I've been working on this all day, and I really want to finish this unattended disk and move on to other things.

Thanks for the links, Fr33m4n. That first link was exactly what I was looking for. I've been using winnt.sif\[GUIRUNONCE], but I might switch over to a RunOnceEX now.

I've put an administrative install point for all five Office CDs into my image. I've updated PRO11.MSI to SP2. I've created the Unattended.MST file.

I've placed a line in winnt.sif\[GuiRunOnce] to call a Batch file:

[GuiRunOnce]

"%systemdrive%\install\start.cmd"

Start.cmd has a section to call the Setup.exe file in the Office directory (C:\xp\$OEM$\$1\Install\Applications\Office_2003_Pro):

ECHO.

ECHO Installing MS Office 2003 Professional

ECHO Please wait...

start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\Applications\Office_2003_Pro\SETUP.EXE TRANSFORMS=Unattended.MST /qb-

That should trigger the setup.exe after the first logon; the Unattended.MST file should allow it to install silently.

I am going to make an image of my source directory, and install this attempt in a virtual machine. We'll see how it goes.

(Sorry for the slow responses. The work week started again. My time for this project is limited to the weekends unfortunately.)

I've only tried the install once, but I don't get an error, really.

At around T13 two messages popup:

1.GDI Detection Tool

2.Windows Genuine Advantage plug-in installer which gives the message:

"Installation failure

Plug-in installer could not detect the appropriate browser installation directory. [Error: 0x80070002]"

But they started after adding Bashrat's DriverPacks, not after I tried installing Office.

After logon, so far, I have two programs that install, then Office is supposed to install.

The first program is Ad-Aware Professional which installs fine silently.

The second program is Diskeeper v10.0.593 which loads setup.exe, but it requires user input to finish installing.

The third program is Office which is supposed to install, but it doesn't even try, apparently.

Then a .reg file is supposed to run to change some registry values. That didn't happen.

I haven't had a chance to re-check all the paths. I thought I had it right, but you never now.

HAHAHAHA, finish you unattended disc, thats a riot! You'll never be done, why do you think so many people have been here for so long.

What didn't work? Did Office just not install, did the office directory not get copied correctly, did the START.CMD not get started, did the CMD skip office? Whats happened?

Please be as specific as possible. What you are trying to say may be clear as day to you, but the rest of us are left in the fog :-)

Also, don't just install everything and hope it works. Create an small batch file just for OFFICE2003 that only has this:

ECHO.
ECHO Installing MS Office 2003 Professional
ECHO Please wait...
start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\Applications\Office_2003_Pro\SETUP.EXE TRANSFORMS=Unattended.MST /qb-

in it, and see if it works. It'll save you loads of time and frustration.

Edited by tjhart85

Well, no one has said my method is wrong, so the problem must be in the details somewhere.

I've cut all the apps out of start.cmd except for Office.

I'm installing again right now, but I keep getting these two dialogue boxes:

Install_T13_01

Install_T13_02

Install_T13_03

Install_T13_04

Install_T13_05

I'm really interested in why I am seeing these two popups because they are not supposed to be there. Does it have something to do with my hotfixes?