Lite-On LTR 12101B driver problem

JudgeRock

I recently upgraded to XP from ME and my CD-RW was recognized and operated fine as a CD. I downloaded Roxio's Easy CD creator 5.0 basic with the XP upgrade when I ordered the Easy CD Creator 5 platinum direct off their website. I did a partial music CD using basic but the full Platinum version showed up the next day so I followed instructions and removed basic before installing Platinum. I then went online and downloaded the XP patch.

Upon restarting their were problems. Restart locked up and I had to have it "restart from the last successful start point". Since then whenever I restart it checks disks for errors, indicating something is not quite right in the shutdown.

When I do get XP running the E: drive (LITE-ON LTR 12101B) does not appear in MY COMPUTER. In device manager it shows that there is a driver problem but I can find no other drivers.

ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Rock

In case anyone is having the same or similar problem this is what I did to fix it.

I went back to device manager and removed the CD-RW then uninstalled easy CD 5.0 using add/remove software. Then I went back and reloaded version 5.0 of easy cd creator platinum from the cd. Then following the instructions exactly per the Roxio site for upgrading to XP which requires that you download & install XP_up platinum followed by rebooting. Then from the same site download and install ecdc_v502B and reboot again. Finally reinstall the 1st download, XP_up_Platinum and reboot one more time.

At that point the device manager no longer had a problem and the CD-RW shows up in my computer as drive F: (this letter will vary depending on your config.)

Proving once again that following "dumb" instructions is smarter than quessing your own way.

Good luck

I know that all might work right now....but your risking alot!

first off, NEVER update! its a bad idea, causes too many problems and can lead to more wasted time then just formating and reinstalling a new OS. 2nd...Dont use Roxio cd burner!!(this is the 3rd time i said this today):) , i know people clam it works ..and the site offers an patch BUT!!![/color:87297eada7] it has caused many serios problems leading to reformating and fresh install...so save your self the aggravation and use another program..like Nero.

If anything make sure you do a fresh install of your OS. just back up everything and you will be on your way. If you wish to save some time for the future and make a "ghost" copy of the fresh install with the basic apps on it...it saves time and its alot better then installig all your individual apps, cracks, etc!

goodluck

-drew