How to get write permissions on network

coolhuh

Hi,

I recently added another computer to my network, I am trying to add software to it but it says "Windows directory is locked to prevent files from being added. Please grant write permission to this directory & restart the install". Can someone tell me how this is done. I connected the computer to the domain and can log into the network, just can not add any software I need.

Thanks

I do not know alot about networking, just enough to get by most of the time and I am trying to get this computer setup without hiring a computer network person. I am trying to load software from the server to the workstation. To get write permission do I set it up on the workstation or server? I have the workstation connected to the network I just do not know what to do to get it to let me copy files to the workstation, when I start the install on the w/s it come up with a box "Windows directory is locked to prevent files from being added. Please grant write permission to this directory & restart the install"

Don't I unlock the windows directory from the w/s?

Thanks

Edited by coolhuh

No, all security, in fact all management, is done via the server. The only thing that needs to be done on the workstations is make sure you've got the right protocols set up and they are configured to receive their ip address automatically.