adding HP onetouch buttons (keyboards) drivers

diablo1

ive been adding onetouch.inf to nlite. tried several times and everything i tried the device drivers for my keyboards wont get installed... its the drivers that go to my HEWLETT PACKARD keyboads on laptop zt1000 ic .. keeps showing up in device manager as unknown exclamation point.. i tried sticky notes..

how do i get the HP onetouch buttons (win XP) installed to work..

also there are a few question at the end of a new install that id like to avoid if possible with nlite, several questions... it asks first, welcome to microsoft windows a few steps- setting up windows, hit next.. next question, protect PC either answer turn on automatic update or not right now now, hit next.. check internet connection , how will computer connect , moderm, DSL, LAN? hit next... ready to activate yes or no, hit next! another question, who will use computer? under this are several blank boxes asks for your name , 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th users, hit next...

also when i try to enter user name this is where the hp onetouch buttons which are not installing causes keyboard not to enter any letters to add name to this step so i have to shut down.... no drivers for keyboards

thanks

Edited by diablo1

Even though it appears you are from the USA, I can barely understand what you wrote in the second half of your post. Anyway, regarding the one-touch buttons; it all depends on if the "device", meaning the one-touch buttons. If the device falls under the System Devices branch, like the hotkeys on a Panasonic ToughBook, they should install like any other driver. On the other hand, if they fall under the HID branch, like a standard keyboard, then you're screwed.

I have a lot of experience with HP-Compaq laptops, all of it bad I might add, and every attempt I've made to integrate these kinds of drivers into the installation routine has ended in failure. I should clarify that statement. The drivers install just fine. Unfortunately they install on any and every computer, not just the model of laptop they were intended for. At one point I had a grandiose idea of making a VBscript that would identify the model of laptop through WMI and then install the appropriate proprietary button driver. In the end I decided this was going to be entirely too much effort to support buttons that nobody I have ever know has ever once used.

first question. with out attempting to get drivers into nlite. can you install winxp and then install the keyboard drivers and they do work?

if not. get yourself some new drivers or a $5 cheopa keyboard and attach to laptop till you get drivers figured out.

if drivers do install.... all i can say is misc and match till you find right drivers and right proccess for nlite if you wish for them to auto install.

if keyboard works but the extra's buttons do not work and drivers fail to install. get the right drivers.

are there any generic drivers or a generic inf file for the keyboard i could try, if so does anyone know of any???

i tried intergrating the microsoft keyboard.inf instead but when the process finished in nlite the burn size would have been 1.58 gigabits.

i tried to burn a bootable dvd instead of a bootable cd but i guess you cant burn a bootable dvd cause it didnt boot like a cd

Edited by diablo1

rubs chin, i followed off our oringal post. and thinking some how driver problem. after re-reading, me-be thinking hardware problem, not driver, not software.

check all your keys on the keyboard. and see if any of them are stuck down. (i doubt it is this but maybe)

have you had your laptop apart? perhaps the ribbion cable has came loose.

can you get into your bios of the laptop? aka when you first turn on your pc, you press "delete" key or "F2" key or "F6" key or something to enter bios? see manual of laptop and it should say...

go get a cheap $5 to $10 buck keyboard, plug it in. and turn on laptop. no driver to be installed, no software, this should work. if not. something else has gone wrong at which case contact HP techsupport or who ever you bought it from to see about getting laptoped repaired.

if the cheap keyboard works. it may be enteral ribbon cable that connects keyboard to motherboard. or could be other. in which case contact hp or who ever you bought laptop from and see about getting it fied for under warrenty.

i can add the onetouch drivers and software after the install but it take several times adding and rebooting cause each time i add the drivers, the keys, all of them dont work and i have to reboot and after the 2nd time of adding drivers and rebooting the drivers are added and the keys work ... so i dont think its a hardware problem, for some reason it doesnt want to add the onetouch.inf file during the install off the disc made by nlite??

i cant find an update for those drivers. id like to figure out why and how to get the drivers installed so i dont have to go thru extra steps adding the drivers after, if i can get them installed off the disc that nlite made??

nothing in the bios for keyboard..

Edited by diablo1

perhaps putting a request in at the DriverPacks forum (located down towards bottom of main page of forums)) and Ryanvrm or someone else may make a installer or add what you need into one of the driver packs that you could then download and install.

still... odd, a basic generic driver built into windows you would think would allow basic keyboard and only needing the actuall correct driver for extra keys etc... just strange. hope someone will be able to help ya.

good luck