Some nLite tweaks

trodas

I wonder if anyone know about these there things that I would very much like to deploy :)

On Windows 2000 SP2 Czech build 2948.

First - windows file protection. You know it - move notepad, ping or any other file to trash and the annoing message come in... right? So, how to disable it? Into the pined topis I found something that look like this (WFP? Windows File Protection?) yet my attempt failed:

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]"SFCDisable"=dword:00000001

Second - NTFS date stamp. NTFS save last access time, witch took time and I want disable it. How? Anyone know? :whistle:

Third - TCP/IP priority 1. nLite claim that it "drastically reduce the response" on network based stuff, witch interest me - of course :) Many reasons - from faster surfing to ping in games - all is TCP/Ip related. Now - how? :lol:

My friend, on XP, using TuneUp 2004 get the windows file protection sucesfully disabled and the register have this value:

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]"SFCDisable"=dword:ffffff9d

(16bit, no binary as WRONGLY the sticky suggest)

Yet for me it won't work/ghelp/cause any change. And since he have the TuneUp 2004 uninstalled anyway, it has to be - at least for win2k something else... :no:

Hmmm, I actually tried it on another PC with XP SP2 and the results are exactly the same. This simple thing does not work. Something is still missing :blushing:

Anyone?

• 4 weeks later...
- move notepad, ping or any other file to trash and the annoing message come in... right?

Don't know which files you are planning to remove, but ref.chm in your Deployment Kit gives a list of components you can select to not install (Notepad is one of them). The ones listed in Winnt.sif will not need SFC disabled. I'm not sure about TCP/IP priority tweak, but this should take care of timestamp:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\FileSystem]
"NtfsDisableLastAccessUpdate"=dword:00000001