Email Programs

wcbzero

I have a friend who I am attempting to convert from AOL, however he loves (I don’t know why) their email setup, there is one feature that he cannot live without... He loves that after an email has been read and his inbox is closed the emails move to a different folder. Does anyone know of any pop3 clients that do this, perhaps an extension to Mozilla Thunderbird or Outlook 2003?

I have a friend who I am attempting to convert from AOL, however he loves (I don't know why) their email setup, there is one feature that he cannot live without... He loves that after an email has been read and his inbox is closed the emails move to a different folder. Does anyone know of any pop3 clients that do this, perhaps an extension to Mozilla Thunderbird or Outlook 2003?

sry buddy, i dont, hes going to hav to adjust

Edited by wolf7448

You might try playing around with rules in Outlook. Once you're more familiar with them, they're pretty powerful stuff. I'm not familiar with Thunderbird, so I'm no help there.

Moved to software hangout. Please try to post in the correct forum next time. :)

You might try playing around with rules in Outlook. Once you're more familiar with them, they're pretty powerful stuff.
Unfortunately Outlook Rules only allow you to manipulate a message as it's sent or recieved...not once it's been delivered (unless you create a new rule and then manually run it). Using the Rules Wizard is a very powerful way to keep your inbox from getting cluttered though. Basically you just have it sort incoming messages into manageable folders for you.

I don't know of any email application that does that. However, it is pretty easy to tell which ones have been read and which ones haven't in most email applications. :)

I have a friend who I am attempting to convert from AOL, however he loves (I don’t know why) their email setup, there is one feature that he cannot live without... He loves that after an email has been read and his inbox is closed the emails move to a different folder. Does anyone know of any pop3 clients that do this, perhaps an extension to Mozilla Thunderbird or Outlook 2003?

Try Pegasus email www.pmail.com and it's free...