Backup Activation Method doesn't work for me

To begin this method, you must have access to the system you're planning on activating, and have it already activated. For home users this is simple, as Windows needs to be activate after 30 days, and most likely you're planning on using your CD/DVD on this system.

Once your system is activated, navigate to your system32 directory within your Windows directory, and locate the file WPA.DBL. This is your activation file.

Once you have located the WPA.DBL file, copy it to $OEM$\$$\system32 in your Windows Setup Source. That's it, you're done.

Remember that if you decide to use a virtual machine, that this method will fail, as the virtual system will look different to the OS from your host system.

I did that, and when I tested it, It loaded Windows for the first time, automatically logged in, said that "Windows Must be Activated before you can use it, Do you want to do that now Yes/No" (or to that effect), I then clicked No, it then Automatically logged me out, it then Automatically logged me in again :o (Without displaying a logon screen), and then went to the desktop, but the system was still in the unactivated state. After a reboot, Windows works as expected (No funny logging in/out) but it still isn't activated.

What's wrong?