Xplode over Nlite?

Well...

XPlode is meant as a means to script the installation of applications and other things. It's meant as a replacement for Batch Scripting, RunOnceEX and the likes.

nLite is meant for Windows reduction with very SIMPLISTIC application installation ability through the use of "addons".

Another way to look it would be, nLite prepares the Windows CD to be installed removing components, while XPlode lets you install additional applications that you may wish to install during/after setup.

XPLode can run at the T-12 stage, I don't think WPI can do this.. I may be wrong.

XPLode runs preset installers (although you can use the XPLode Select XML file.. but it looks worse then the WPI method)

until recently XPLode cost money, now its free.

WPI allows the user to have a choice on which programs are installed

WPI allows you to have more control when the user clicks on things to install... such as forcing the user to install .netframework 1.1 if they check the box for .netframework 1.1 service pack 1.

both have their advantages and disadvantages, I like XPLode cause i can install things at the T-12 stage.. but like the Customization and ease of use of WPI.

also XPLode looks a bit more difficult to learn, but this maybe do to the fact that i haven't sat down and tried to learn it :P

Edited by Bi0haZarD

WPI allows the user to have a choice on which programs are installed, or select between preset ones.

XPlode allows this to with the use of the SelectPlugin. There's an example of it's use in the download. To customize what it looks like, is just a simple HTML file.