Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

Sign in to follow this  
NeoAngel

IRDA ?

Hi,

I've just install Win2003 Server on my laptop which is an Asus M2400E, and i can't install the IRDA drivers from Asus Cd ... And when i choose to add manually a hardware device, there is no IRDA option ...

Help me, please

Thanks in advance :)

Cheers from France

This is more for my own information/education.

Why would you use a server versions, even beta, on a laptop. That said, have you tired looking for updated drivers for say win2k server or maybe XP? They might install. Just a thought.

-Cuervo

Win2003 server is not for desktop use. It just has basic driver for what most servers have,a standard ATI Rage video card and chipset/ide/network drivers.

I know for what Win2003 does but even if you said that there are basics drivers, it has everything to be a good workstation, Win2003 is so fast compare to Win2000 workstation or WinXPPro. Win2003 can use BT, so why not for IRDA (Drivers for Win2K, WinXP and Win98 din't work !)

And why 2003 on my laptop ? because i develop a lot of ASP sites for my clients and need to manage a lot of site, not only one ! :)