[questionGuyz got all my setting spoil.

alsiladka

will put it straight pleae help me please.

User account name is UUHM

I am the computer administrator.

there are 2 more computer administrator but my Documents and settings folder is private . ie no one can access it.

Now today when i looged in [ it is password protected].

I logged in as if i have logged in a new account. Did not log in using my previous settings . A new folder was created in documents and settings. had the name of my account with the name of the cmputer

in this case UUHM.KHAZANA

Please help me how to revert back to normal.

Want to log in using the old settings and account.

Clarifying the situation:

XP client KHAZANA has a local user account UUHM which is a member of the local Administrators group and has a local profile.

Upon logging in today, UUHM has a default user profile.

This means all user-specific settings are gone, anything under My Documents is no longer visible, all history, etc. are gone.

There are 2 folders in C:\Documents and Settings:

UUHM (the original profile)

UUHM.KHAZANA (the newly created profile)

It sounds like the user profile in C:\Documents and Settings\UUHM is corrupt and so Windows has created you a new one.

Did your machine not shut down properly recently and you had to power off?

Have you looked in the System event log for any USERENV errors?

While the bulk of the profile (documents & history) can probably be recovered, if NTUSER.DAT is screwed up then your user settings will need to be reset.

As C:\Documents and Settings\UUHM.KHAZANA is a brand new default profile, I would first try to copy the original NTUSER.DAT into here to see if it works.

To achieve this, first grant another user account full control of the 2 profile folders temporarily - by default the users are owners and rights are not inherited so you need to allow access.

Secondly, as the logged-on user has their own NTUSER.DAT file locked, you have to log on as this other user you granted rights to.

Then run this comand at a command prompt:

copy "C:\Documents and Settings\UUHM\NTUSER.DAT" "C:\Documents and Settings\UUHM.KHAZANA" /y

Not log back on as UUHM and see if your user settings are restored.

If another user profile is created then it looks like NTUSER.DAT is screwed up and would have to be deleted to revert to the original user profile.