Help with hiding Hard Drives

PinYin

My computer came with a separate, hidden hard drive called IBM_SERVICE. Normally that drive is hidden, however it's not anymore and is designated as Drive C: now, which has interfered with some installations and is also extremely annoying :realmad: . I can't change the letter because the drive is listed as a system volume, and I cannot change the letter of my boot or system volumes. How do I get rid of this drive and get my "normal" hard drive re-labelled as drive D:?

Edited by PinYin

• 2 weeks later...

hey a tip for the next time you wanna ask for help: ASK SHORT :realmad:

i really didnt get what you want maybe thats the reason why u still didnt get youre answer.

ask youre question simple and short,we really dont wanna know what you bought or your system configuration(no offense).

Summary: After reinstalling Windows XP Professional on top of a corrupt version of Home, a new hard drive appeared in My Computer (named IBM_SERVICE) and took the C: letter, reassigning my normal hard drive to D:. Since C: is labelled as my system volume, and D: boot volume, I can't change the letters. How do I get my normal hard drive back as drive C:?

Edited by PinYin

In administrative tools , computer management, Disk management.

Rite click the disk and change drive letter.

Also if you remove the drive letter , the file system will remain intact but that drive wont show up in this windows installation!! so hide it!!