Creative 512 problems

Drewdatrip

I just downloaded and updated my Creative 512 sound card with the new X driver....After installing this driver, a bit of strange s*** has been happening. (1)Some times when i start up ar restart when it hits my desktop the programs load up..but i cant see tem in the system tray. I wont be able to click on any icon and when i put the curser over the start button it make the pointer an hour glass. it becomes basicly frozen.. i bring up the task manger and have to restart. (2) if i leave my computer on and my moniter goes into suspend mode...when i try to get back to my desktop...the screen is all black..but i can move the pointer around.

What would be the best way to get rid of the new driver...roll back? or should i just delet the devices and let them auto detect on restart?

thankx

-drew

uninstall the drivers, or what is always a good idea when installing new drivers or s/ware is to create a restore point before you install something new, then when it all goes tits you can run system restore.

Regards,

BAH

Have you tried using the simple ones from Windows Update, I have resulted in using those with my Sb Live and they work perfectly :) [/quote:680f6e8235]

So amb..you have the 512 card..but you use the live update off windows update? and it works fine?

-drew