Linksys ADSL2 Modem/Router

Gouki

Hi everyone.

I recently bought one of these to my home network.

Didnt like it very much. It has some weird things going on inside. For instances, It freezes when you try to change the IP. I had to change the Wireless Router IP instead of the Router.

Im also having telephone line problems. The guy on my ISP told me it was because the length of the cable. (10m).

I get disconnect every ~5 minutes.

Can the lenght of the cable be a problem? Im currently testing it on a 20cm length telephone cable.

Do you have one? What do you think about it? Changed the firmware to a non-linksys one?

Thanks for the opinions.

Did you have service before you purchased the router?

If so, there is the possibility the router is faulty. What I would do is upgrade the firmware (check the manufacturers website), and double check the physical connections and configuration settings.

If the router persists with disconnects, it's faulty, I would return it for the same brand or something else.

When you refer to the length of the cable being 10m, what type of cable are you speaking about? Is there a cable laying on the floor or stapled to your wall? Is this the cable coming from your house (CPE) to the node?

Hi epic.

Problem solved. The length of the cable (cat5e) wich is the one im using for the telephone line (im only using 4 wires of the whole cable) was not a problem.

I tested with a 20cm telephone cable, and the problem still hapenned.

The solution I found was to use my WRT54GS to do the Login (using PPPoE), and use the Modem (ADSL2MUE) to do bridge between my home network and the internet.

What I still need to check is eMule. Since the Modem doesnt have NAT, I dont think eMule will work.

However, the whole is working now. However, the modem didnt do what it was suposed to do (be a god **** modem).

Edited by Gouki