Problem with Microsoft High definition audio

TheGodFather

I have motherboard "GA-8I915P Duo Pro" from Gigabyte you can see it here : http://www.giga-byte.com/Motherboard/Produ...20Duo%20Pro.htm .

It has 6 x Audio jacks (7.1-Ch Out / Line-in / Mic in) .

My Windows is : Windows XP Pro SP2.

When I try to install a driver for audio (it is C-Media or Realteck) it want to install "Microsoft UAA (Universal Audio Architecture) Bus driver" first. I download this driver from Gigabyte , but when I install it the instalation was very fast and at the end said me that it was successful . After that when I try to install C-media again I have a message that the drive is not enable and can not finish (In bios I enable the driver in "Auto").

When I try to install a Realteck driver , I have a message that Microsoft High definition audio driver bus is not installed.

In microsoft web I saw that this driver is for Windows XP with SP1 and I'm not sure that this driver works on SP2.

If somebody knows from where I can download this driver for SP2?

If somebody knows where is the problem, if it is from Microsoft driver or it is in bios (some where I must enable a driver again)?

Please help me :))

Check this ! Drivers here and here You need to install /integrate kb888111 FIRST which you can extract from Realtek driver ! (Pick the one for your OS!) :hello:

Please search first next time! :no:

PS In bios i think it's better to choose "onboard" (what options do you have there?)but auto should work too (i guess !)

New Ver:R1.28

Edited by Mercury_22

hi there!

i've got the same mobo B) . best thing to do is to insert the cd that came with it and let it install the drivers. if not go to http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Motherboard/Sup...20Duo%20Pro.htm and download the microsoft UAA and then install it. the audio chipset is NOT realtek, it's c-media 9880 and if you haven't got the mobo installation cd then go to the web page above and download the c-media driver too. if you already have installed some drivers, make sure you uninstall them then in device manager uninstall the microsoft UAA (under System Devices) and the c-media sound (under sound, video and game controllers). restart and when windows prompts you to install click "CANCEL" and run the setup programs downloaded. make sure you run first the microsoft UAA setup utility!!!

Hope that helps you out, if not let me know.

PS. the drivers for win2003 work for vista too ;)

I was around my laptop for one hour, until I found out that I had to install the KB first.

In my laptop (see sig), as soon as I install the KB, all the drivers for the sound card as well as the drivers for the modem are automatacly installed! (Modem!?)

Weird! :)

modem drivers in a KB????? weird indeed! as for his post, having the same mobo, i know his problem, i have had it after installing vista build 5112. luckily i managed to extract the contents of the setup utilities with winrar then pinpointed the "found new hardware" wizard to the location where i ectracted them. :whistle: