[Question] - Win xp 32 bit along wit 64 bit?

alsiladka

guyz i currently have xp 32 bit on my amd athlon. my friend has got 64 bit. i am thinking of testing it out.

i have got a few queries. can i dual boot both without any probs.

also i shal install 64 after 32. so any probs here? and is there any way i can block the acces to the drive 64 bit wil b instald on from 32 bit?

Title Edited - Please follow new posting rules from now on.

--Zxian

Edited by Zxian

You can simply unmount the partition where the 32-bit Windows is installed. In disk management, right click on the partition where the 32-bit Windows lies, and follow the options to remove the drive letter - do not delete the partition.

That will remove direct access to the partition. :)

ou can simply unmount the partition where the 32-bit Windows is installed. In disk management, right click on the partition where the 32-bit Windows lies, and follow the options to remove the drive letter - do not delete the partition.

You got what i meant, just a little misunderstanding i guess. i will again frame the question porperly. i have windows xp 32 bit with a few partitions. Now i want to install 64 bit on one of the partitions.

so if i am not wrong, in the disk management if i remove that drive letter of the drive on which i have 64 bit , that drive will be unaccessable from 32 bit and it wont affect 64 bit in any way. Also i want complete access to all the drives from 64 bit. Please help me out with this.

If you remove the drive letter, all you're removing is the access to that partition from that installation of Windows. The data on the partition will stay the exact same, and will be available to boot from if specified in the boot loader.

In each installation, all you need to do is remove the drive letter for the other Windows partition.

And I did understand what you meant the first time... ;) Ripken204 had a similar post about this a while back - you should do a quick search for it.

Edited by Zxian