Is there really exist Windows Me Professional?

anphorea

I don't know whether posting Serial numbers here is right or wrong,but I saw this name in a s/n list... ...from a hacker site... ...

The name is:

Windows Millennium ME Pro

and below is CD-Key & CD-Set numbers...

That's most likely a Windows 2000 Pro serial that they thought 2000 = Millennium/ME (which is NOT true).

Just the thought that Microsoft would ever create a Pro version of the worse OS in PC history,,,,,gives me the chills. :wacko:

Heck NO it doesn't exist,,,,,and never will. Thank God!

Have yourself a Merry little Christmas,

Andromeda43

Thank you:)and merry Christmas to you:)

However,I'll have my CollageEnglishTest bound 4 on the Day before Christmas,and we won't have any vocation for that day:-(

2006-1-29 will be the Chinese Spring-day of 2006,(Jan.29),it's the beginning of a lunar year:D and we'll have a long time vocation then:P :lol:

That's most likely a Windows 2000 Pro serial that they thought 2000 = Millennium/ME (which is NOT true).

I don't think Win2k serial will be like this: XXX-XXXX-XXX or XXX-XXX-XXX ... ...

If you want the dirty truth why WinME exists....

MS had two development groups working on a new OS: a team working on the Win9x kernel and a team working on a brand new from scratch NT kernel.

Without a doubt Win2000 is superior in every way to the 9x kernel, but it came down to money, not technology. Business users needed a Network Operating System (NOS), which what NT kernel provides, but 9x does not (it's a hack guys, like it or not). While the right thing to do was to only release Win2000 and let WinME never see the light of day, MS realized that home users aren't going to pay $200-$300 for an OS, but businesses will.

So they released WinME for home users, and Win2000 for business users. This way they could cater to both crowd, the $99 people and the $199-$299 people.

If MS released a "home" version of 2000, they would have to charge $99-$129 and lose sales because some business would purchase that version because it's all they really needed. But to defend MS, 2000 cost A LOT of money to make, so to keep the books good, they had to do this.

I'm just glad that only 2yrs later MS let the 9x kernel pass away.

PS: I'm not here to entertain flames, the 9x zealots can hate this post if they want, but it's the truth. Mind you, I do run 98 on some boxes, intentionally.

I don't know whether posting Serial numbers here is right or wrong,but I saw this name in a s/n list... ...from a hacker site... ...

The name is:

Windows Millennium ME Pro

and below is CD-Key & CD-Set numbers...

Based on some creative googling that appears to be a Win95 serial number set....