XP on two PCs sharing one monitor

MSNwar

I need an XP application (perferably endorsed by Microsoft and compatiable with XP) that will allow me to click and select the PC so I can view it on my single monitor.

The setup is two PCs sharing one monitor with the use of a switch box. When I want to switch between the PCs I toggle a switch. It would be nice to select the PC using an icon in my task bar. I would appreciate any suggestions.

Oh, the PCs are NOT on a lan now, but will be tomorrow I hope.

Yea, I am a lazy bastiage :)

I doubt that would be possible with what you have, might need a special switch box that hooks up to both pc monitor outputs and then a usb cable or whatever that hooks up to both for switching it w/ software, I'm not sure if that's available, but I expect there to be one for lazy ppl like u.. lol

You need a digital kvm switch if you dont want to damage the hardware, dont buy analog ones as they are equivilent of ripping the keyboard/video/mouse out of one pc thats running and plugging it into another pc that is running. You cant control it by software, only by special keyboard key combo's or a button on the switch,