[Request] Close mshta.exe during installation

OK, yes, with 120 apps it will take longer to render the config window. That is something I have been thinking about in the back of my mind. I have a general idea on how to "fix it".

What WPI is doing is doing a for(...) loop and creating a <form> for each entry, which is 205 lines long. So 120x205=24600 lines of code.

I only have like 30 apps, so mine does render fairly quick.

All,

I see about 28% CPU useage on a fresh install of Windows XP with SP2 on a CF-51 Panasonic Toughbook (2GHz Pentium-M Processor and 2GB RAM) just while mshta.exe sits idle (using WPI 4.3.8)...with a mouse over showing tooltip, this jumps in the range of 50-80% depending on the size of the tip.

Beyond that, I still am getting the Slow Scripting errors on some more challenged machines (I still have about 140 systems fielded that run on 700MHz Processors and 256MB-512MB RAM...really notice the difference there!

On the other end, my Dell WS370 and WS380 systems don't have a problem at all and I see numbers very similar to what mritter references.

We definately owe Kel more specs on performance issues (with numbers attached) for actual install performance hits (audio vs. no audio, RunOnceEx vs. File or Memory Install, self-extracting exe vs. uncompressed installs, etc.).

BTW, my config.js has just under 100 apps. Will double that when I add the lines to launch exe for modification, repair, or re-install (not silent).