ADSL Help needed

wtuck357

HI All,

I just got ADSL here in Turkey, instead of dail-up (ABOUT TIME), and I'm having a problem hooking it up to my wireless router. Here is my situation:

I have four computers, two laptops and two CPUs. All have wireless connectability. Three have Ethernet (cat 5) capability.

The ADSL Modem connects to the computer via USB port; it can't connect directly to the router.

Every time I hook up both the ADSL and router, I can only use one connection at a time

My question, do I have to set up my CPU as a server?? If so, how??

OR, Can you think of anything that can help me out in this situation??

Please help!!!!

TUCK

Edited by wtuck357

Your other computers cant access the connection because the computer you do have the modem plugged into isnt acting as a router. You could still do it with the USB modem, but all it does is needlessly complicate things for you, and its a waste of a perfectly good broadband router which you already have.

Take the USB modem back and exchange it for one with an ethernet interface if possible. If you want to seamlessly share the connection amongst all the computers you have hooked to the router, then the ethernet version is what you want (just plug into the WAN port on the router).