Which laptop card to buy?

JoeMSFN

Instant savings and can't make up my mind  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Which awsome instant savings item (from the specs) should I get?

• Card 1 [url=http://www.compusa.com/adproducts/product_info.asp?product_code=317524&pfp=ADPRODUCTS] USB 2 [/url]
    • Card 2 [http://www.compusa.com/adproducts/product_info.asp?product_code=306140&pfp=ADPRODUCTS] USB2/Firewire [/url]
    • Both Cards... that's an awsome deal!
    • Neither, they both suck!

@edit ooops... didn't know I couldn't put a link in a poll choice (and I don't know how to edit them) ... sorry :whistle:

For your convenience, i hyperlinked the choices in "Card 1" and "Card 2" below....

Here's the things I've noticed between the two.....

Card 1 is a USB 2.0 laptop card.

Has a lifetime warranty.

Comes with an AC adapter.

Card 2 is a USB 2.0 / Firewire laptop card.

10 bucks more.

Has a 90 day warranty.

(has firewire though)

Just wondering if the vast hardware experience of the forum members might be able to steer me towards / away from a particular product. For $10 extra I get firewire (and hardly a warranty).

And before anyone asks, I have two primary laptops (rarely use them both @ same time though). One has firewire, the other doesn't. Neither has wireless built in, but since I am a proud owner of a usb wireless card, it doesn't matter if either takes up the slot for my cardbus wireless card.

Edited by JoeMSFN

Depends on if you ever use firewire, or consider using it in the future, (planning on any video recording stuff?). If not then go with usb their easier to deal with, all plug - n - play. As for me i've never used firewire before and have no need for it even though I have it on both my desktop and laptop. You could always find something on ebay for less + they do have 4 port usb types, if your interested. Hope that helps.