Two computers running the same thing

Blade_yaj

Hi,

I'm not sure where to stick this so I stuck it in the general questions area. I have a buddy that runs a video store, and he's been getting alot of coustemers, but they have to wait in line for a while to check out the movies because he only has one really old computer to run it. I am not even sure what os he's using just that it's windows. So what he wanted to do was have two computers running at the same time with the same programs. So that you would be able to see who checked out movies or return them, on either one of the computers. Pretty much like block buster where you can go to any counter rather then just one counter to check out. Any software or suggestion would be greatful. Espicelly of it is upgrade able to xp. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.

a quick google will show you the way.

I worked in the POS (point of sales) system for a year for grocery stores. It would involve what could be called a "Server" which has all the information and then the pc's in the front that would have the client software that would connect via the network to the server.

good luck!

ceez

:thumbup

Edited by ceez