Ghost 10.0 Restores

jerrylite

I recently got Ghost 10.0 because I wanted a 'Full HD, OS and all Backup and Restore capability'. So I could restore back to a selected time, my entire HD of my Media Center PC. I was told this was the best software to do this.

I just had an occasion to use the Restore function. I had installed some software updates (Nero 6.0 > 6.6) and it FROZE the PC. I got it back up in recovery mode, selecting "go back to last known working state."

The PC comes up, but it takes 10-12 minuites where it normally took 2-3 minuites.

1. I first did a Sys Restore back before the Nero updates with XP/MCE. That worked. But I still have the really long boot time??

2. I then Restored with Ghost 10.0 to a time back 10 days. This also worked. but I still have the very long boot time???

I thought Ghost would completely put the C: HD back to the time of the backup.

Why is the problem of 10-12 min bootup there here after Restoring to a time before the problem existed??

Any ideas on what to do?

Thanking you in advance.

I may have. If so, it was probably my External Maxtor HD. But, The PC was booting fine (1-2 minuties) with the Maxtor HD, (I have used this Maxtor for over a year trouble free), until the Nero update fiasco. The Ghost Restore worked fine, putting me back to the requested time, also the XP Sys Restore worked fine, but neither action did anything to correct the 10-12 minuite Boot times that ocurrred right after the Nero Updates.

Thanks for the Bootviz suggestion. I'll try that.

For some unknown reason, my PC is starting to boot quicker. Not as fast as 'normal' yet but noticably faster??

I have not done anything that I know of to aid in this as yet?

I'll try the Bootvis/trace.

To be honest, I'm not 100% certain of my MCE Boot time exactly when it was working OK. I was guessing on the 2-3 minuites. When this 10 min Boot started, I couldn't go back to see what it really used to be. It may have been only 30-45 seconds, when all was well.