Administrator Account

Nerwin

Urr

If you don't have any users installed wont it always boot to the admin account... or am I missing your question/point?

:blink:

However heres a tip

Regardless of using the welcome screen or not, or however many user ids that you may have on the system,

if you decide to bypass the logon screen it means that you want to default! the logon user to be the same everytime.

And you want that user to autolog when logging on.

In order to do this, select "run" from the start button and enter the command "control userpasswords2" and press OK.

A user accounts window will open, uncheck the top box marked with 'users must enter a user name and password to use this computer' and press APPLY.

Another window will open to allow you selecting the default user and its password to autolog at boot-up. Provide the user name and password and click OK.

Once done, the system will boot up always with the specified user and password as entered.

Hope this helps!

Edited by Railman5

Try this reg file it will add the admin account to the log on screen.

To change the Adnin Account name

1: Right click the My Computer Icon On The Start Menu

2: Select Manage

3: Open Local User And Groups

4: Select User

5: Right Click the Administrator and select Rename

6: Add the new name there and to to the reg file.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\SpecialAccounts\UserList]"HelpAssistant"=dword:00000000

"TsInternetUser"=dword:00000000

"SQLAgentCmdExec"=dword:00000000

"NetShowServices"=dword:00000000

"IWAM_"=dword:00010000

"IUSR_"=dword:00010000

"VUSR_"=dword:00010000

"PLACE_NAME_HERE"=dword:00000001

It's often not a good idea to run as the default Administrator account. If you want to run as an admin, you should use another account that has administrative priveledges.

You can use TweakUI to show the administrator account on the welcome screen.

Yeah Why is a bad idea becasue i been running under default Administrator account for like 3 years had now problems.

exactly,

i always run as the administrator and have a password on it that is 14 characters long and contains numbers, letters (upper and lowercase) and special characters so its not as if its a security threat. so why would it be a problem?

I always consider the default Administrator account a backup in the event that something goes completely haywire with your account. By having a second account with administrative priveledges, you don't loose any functionality, but you have the security of being able to recover your data and settings if your account becomes corrupted (by a virus or the like).