who have experience with VMWare ?

Solid as a rock

Hi,

i am trying for a long time to copy something from and to vmware to my pc(while vmware is running ofcourse)

sometimes it works and i dont know how i have do it, sometimes i couldnt copy/paste, what i am doing wrong? i now use 5.5.

also sometimes 5.5 automatically grab the mousecursor when entering the field, sometimes it dont work. i also dont understand when it works and when not.

i hope someone could enlighten me? :unsure:

Edited by SolidasRock

What about....

-using Daemon-Tools to mount the .iso and let VMWare use the virtual drive of Windows.

-or creating a share, make sure your VMWare has a (bridged) network connection and log on to the share (or FTP or...).

i am not sure why i need DT to mount the disk, you means i have a cdburner free to burn from and to?

i dont use bridged network, because otherwise i dont have internet on VMWare. i use the second option. (give vmware the host IP or like that). how to log on a share in VMWare? i have give the shared documents a try but i dont see the files in VMWare shared documents... do they means other shared folders? if so, where ?

If the drag-drop doesn't work, it's because you don't install VmWare tools ... I think :) ... by the way, since beta 5.5 the copy by network/shared folder is more accurate (in speed) for me ...

i now understand it is the VMtools which need to be installed. but i have another question, how to create a networkshare?

Edited by SolidasRock

networkshare ?!

Host system has an IP for example 192.168.0.1

Guest IP has a Bridged network connection (configure your vmware machine to do that), and after guest system has OS installed you have an IP like 192.168.0.2 ... after simply to use network same as real network ...